Unaka vs Greenback Rd. 1

creekerballer

14 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I was just messing with ya, I'd have the same attitude too.  

Tough sledding this year partner. Probably one of the most talented teams we’ve had at skill in a long while. Just ain’t getting it done. There are reasons but oh well. Anyone that watches can see. It just ain’t there this year. 

33 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Nothing wrong with your post.  Hampton is a lot better than coalfield.  I didn't think you had much of a chance last year either.  Their defense has been unusually great the past 2 seasons 

Nope just got beat by a better team last year to. We’ve been out of the conversation in football for a while now unfortunately. 

Edited by crow

4 hours ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Anyone that maybe headed up the creek to Unaka, I believe they do not have visitor side seating.  Last time I was there, Creekers on left side and visitors on right. 

That is correct, but if you were there when it was all the brick seating that has been replaced. Still all one side, visitors side down the creek(to your right looking at the field) and home side up the creek(to your left). Good amount of seating though. Also the hill above the bleachers is good for viewing, if you’re there early enough there are places to sit a chair down and watch on that hill. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

He is like me just being truthful.If we didnt have a chance I wouldnt go to be honest but I like to visit with King,91 and some of the others if we have a chance to.Also we have a chance to win but if we rely on our regular offensive scheme they will beat us in the end.I hope not i HATE giving teams who have never beaten us a chance to.They have a really good shot with the way he calls an offense. 

I could meet y'all in etown like I did a couple years ago.  Let me know 

32 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Looking at Unaka they haven't won against a single team with a winning record only the cream puffs. Greenback has actually beat Oakdale who has a 7 win season and this was last week. To me Greenback looks to be the favorite unless the long bus ride messes them up.

By that same standard it looks like Oakdale didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. The best record they won against was 4 win Cosby team that Unaka beat worse around the exact same time. 

36 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

By that same standard it looks like Oakdale didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. The best record they won against was 4 win Cosby team that Unaka beat worse around the exact same time. 

Makes you wonder, everyone with a winning record only beat losing schools. This is the hardest week I have had to pick teams. Either your 2-8 playing a 9-1 team or a 5-5 playing a 4-6 team.

11 hours ago, creekerballer said:

8 of our starting 11-12 guys were banged up good going into unaka game. Most of our guys dressed and played but we were probably 60% at best. That being said Unaka was still the better team just not by as much as the score said. In my opinion, Unaka is way more athletic than Oakdale has by far the better QB and plays better defense especially on the back end. Oakdale is a tad bit more physical up front and may have a slight edge in the running game. If they played each other id pick Unaka big at home and a close on the road. 

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

8 of our starting 11-12 guys were banged up good going into unaka game. Most of our guys dressed and played but we were probably 60% at best. That being said Unaka was still the better team just not by as much as the score said. In my opinion, Unaka is way more athletic than Oakdale has by far the better QB and plays better defense especially on the back end. Oakdale is a tad bit more physical up front and may have a slight edge in the running game. If they played each other id pick Unaka big at home and a close on the road. 

That means we in trouble then.