Sale Creek comes to Clay County

Jimmycroc

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

Is Sale Creek the only team in Region 3 that knows how to drive to Clay County? I believe Clay County (not counting the Celina High School years) has only ever hosted Sale Creek in the postseason. Hopefully, that changes after this week and Jo Byrns/Whitwell can expand the list to 2.

I'm personally hoping that we can expand that even more in round 3 but we've got a tall task in front of us before that can happen.

As Pirate Tom said, Sale Creek is scrappy and I'm proud of them for making the playoffs once again, but this should be your typical #1 vs. #4.

2 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

Is Sale Creek the only team in Region 3 that knows how to drive to Clay County? I believe Clay County (not counting the Celina High School years) has only ever hosted Sale Creek in the postseason. Hopefully, that changes after this week and Jo Byrns/Whitwell can expand the list to 2.

No Whitwell knows how to get here, we played a regular season game here one year in an absolute downpour. Maybe 2016 or 2017.

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

It was 2014. It was the last of just 3 home games of the year on October 10 (also Homecoming/Senior Night). The game was an absolute blowout by Whitwell.

Yeah the game got pretty ugly but I mostly just remember the rain. Probably my subconscious trying to protect me.

2 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

Got blown out by Whitwell that year, but let the game at South Pitt slip away from us. Hopefully we get a chance to avenge that one in Round 3 this year.

And then my Cougars beat the Pirates in the second round! Very cold but awesome game! Sale Creek is a tough bunch but Clay should win pretty handily. 

12 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

And then my Cougars beat the Pirates in the second round! Very cold but awesome game! Sale Creek is a tough bunch but Clay should win pretty handily. 

I enjoyed our trip to Copper Basin in 2020. Wish I could have seen the area in the daylight. It sure was a hike to get down there however.