Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

5 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Croz I see Gordonsville in a 2A region with Carthage, Trousdale, Cannon and Jackson and maybe  Westmoreland. If Westmoreland stays in a west region you could take either Monterey or York. 

Yeah I’d say Gordonsville will be 2A in the next cycle. They were right on the edge of moving up this time

11 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Croz I see Gordonsville in a 2A region with Carthage, Trousdale, Cannon and Jackson and maybe  Westmoreland. If Westmoreland stays in a west region you could take either Monterey or York. 

Oh, I don't doubt it. I think we will be 2A eventually. How soon is the question. Our growth has exploded the last couple of years.

8 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Oh, I don't doubt it. I think we will be 2A eventually. How soon is the question. Our growth has exploded the last couple of years.

Can you imagine Carthage vs. Gordonsville being moved to a week 10 game with a region title on the line. GES has 325 and NMS has 242 so it's going to be close every classification. 

20 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Rare huh...2019 S Pitt 40-0....2020 S Pitt 37-7...2021 S Pitt 44-14...Dont seem very rare

Yep.  Only one of those is by 35 or more.  Furthermore, the first half and well in to the 3rd quarter of those most of those games except maybe 2019 were still contested.  Lastly, given the number these 2 teams have played, you cherry picked it given SP has played Gordonsville in the playoffs more than any other team.

2001:  SP 21 - 6, 2002:  Gordy 21 -14, 2004:  Gordy 27 - 12, 2007: SP 33 - 13, 2010:  SP 32 - 21, 2011: SP 32 -14, 2012: Gordy 14-13. 

I left off 3 blowouts since 2001 that aren't listed herein. That doesn't take into account the 80s and 90s.

Edited by rlh

24 minutes ago, rlh said:

Yep.  Only one of those is by 35 or more.  Furthermore, the first half and well in to the 3rd quarter of those most of those games except maybe 2019 were still contested.  Lastly, given the number these 2 teams have played, you cherry picked it given SP has played Gordonsville in the playoffs more than any other team.

2001:  SP 21 - 6, 2002:  Gordy 21 -14, 2004:  Gordy 27 - 12, 2007: SP 33 - 13, 2010:  SP 32 - 21, 2011: SP 32 -14, 2012: Gordy 14-13. 

I left off 3 blowouts since 2001 that aren't listed herein. That doesn't take into account the 80s and 90s.

You are living in the past bro.This game will be just like the last 3.S Pitt rolls

Anyone predicting a blowout for either side hasn't watched much football or are hoping to make a bold prediction and pull a rabbit out of their rear by doing so.  Maybe both.

Honestly,  I don't think we have the defense to shut down any other team that is still standing, especially a senior laden highly playoff experience team such as Gordonsville. 

As PowerP noted earlier,  we will have to outscore the Tigers. Now that sounds like a Captain Obvious saying, because if you're gonna win, you have to outscore your opponent every game.  But in this case it has another meaning and I alluded to it in our defense. So we will need to score on a very high % of our possessions because I don't think we will get many stops. 

This has all the makings of an evenly matched , highly contested, playoff game. I just hope our crowd shows up and gets loud. Our fan base could be the difference in this one. 

Go Pirates!!

45 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

You are living in the past bro.This game will be just like the last 3.S Pitt rolls

You clearly don't know jack about the last three games.  History and math must have been rough for you. Gordy still has players playing that played in all of those 3 games.  We have very few that did.

Edited by rlh