Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

54 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Croz worst nightmare Starting off the season with an L in region play to big brother

Nah, Gville has won more in recent years. It's amazing how you Carthage folks forget last year and the year before...

Personally, I think it will be great to be in the same region, and I firmly believe the win streaks that happened in the past will be more rare going forward.

35 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Jeremiah is trolling Gordonsville. He’s not an SP guy. I believe this will be a good game. Gordonsville has a slight advantage this season with their numbers, overall depth, size, and larger experienced senior class. 

Nevermind him. He's from Carthage and doesn't know any better.

I could definitely see either team winning this game and I don’t think it will be a rout either way. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes likely wins the game. I’ve seen SP fans saying that SP has hurt themselves a lot this year. I was at the Clay Co-Gville game last week and witnessed Gville do the same thing. 3 turnovers in the 3rd quarter played a huge part in the loss, as well as a couple of untimely penalties late in the game. 

I’ll be curious to see how our boys react to Gordonsville’s hostile crowd. I’m sure they will bring the milk jugs with rocks and make it loud like usual. With such an inexperienced team I don’t know if they will feed off that or mess up. It all starts up front though, and that’s why I give Gordonsville a big advantage in this one.

Old Pirate says, “All Hands On Board Needed” fer this Speedway Invasion. The time has come fer the Pirates to man up and focus on the turbulent waters ahead. The young Pirates have the gunpowder but have to guard against stumbling and igniting internal explosions. OP says Pirates are Battle tested early, nows the time to put things together. Pirates Win. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

On 11/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, powerp said:

I’ll be curious to see how our boys react to Gordonsville’s hostile crowd. I’m sure they will bring the milk jugs with rocks and make it loud like usual. With such an inexperienced team I don’t know if they will feed off that or mess up. It all starts up front though, and that’s why I give Gordonsville a big advantage in this one.

As long as the leave that old Calliope at home in Croz's basement.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

This will be a hard game for SP. Gordonsville is due for a win in the series as well so I wouldn’t be surprised with a Gordonsville win this year. We played a lot then didn’t play at all from 2013-2017 which is kinda odd. Then we have played a lot again since 2018. 

2013 to 2017 had Moore County, Fayetteville, Wayne County and Huntland in the East.  TC was even in the west for Class 2A.  Fayetteville knocked Gordy out of the playoffs in 2013, and we knocked out Fayetteville. 

We played a really good team in Chattanooga Christain and got waxed good and played a subpar Murphy team and got beat in a close game. I think GV is right in the middle of those two teams and GV wins this game by 14-21 points. Besides those two games we haven't played anybody.  The only way SP wins if we get a stop or two and score ever time we get the ball, but that's not going to happen. GV on both sides of the ball will whip our line, so that makes for a long night for my Pirates . Just being real.