Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

Just now, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Play that common opponent game this year…. It means absolutely nothing.

We did play those common opponents this year. We hung 50 on northeast and allowed 14...we played absolutely horrible against central and they win by 20...doing zero in the second half...they win by 13? So i do think that does hold some weight seeing the team we just played played them 2 weeks ago. Now i am not saying Munford is not capable of winning...tehy should be the favorite..undefeated and at home with springfield making that 4 hour trip. But if you watch film and im not sure if you breakdown film well or not but i see you posting on just about everyones game so i hope you do....your would see that region is week...and their top 2 seeds would be 3 and 4 in ours. I would bet my babies eyes on it. Now again its playoffs and anything can happen. Look at Portland who was not even close to our top 2 seeds go to that regions 2 seed and win. 

5 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

We did play those common opponents this year. We hung 50 on northeast and allowed 14...we played absolutely horrible against central and they win by 20...doing zero in the second half...they win by 13? So i do think that does hold some weight seeing the team we just played played them 2 weeks ago. Now i am not saying Munford is not capable of winning...tehy should be the favorite..undefeated and at home with springfield making that 4 hour trip. But if you watch film and im not sure if you breakdown film well or not but i see you posting on just about everyones game so i hope you do....your would see that region is week...and their top 2 seeds would be 3 and 4 in ours. I would bet my babies eyes on it. Now again its playoffs and anything can happen. Look at Portland who was not even close to our top 2 seeds go to that regions 2 seed and win. 

I can agree using film is a much better measure than comparing scores. My point is and as many SHOULD tell you on here, comparing scores has been a terrible way to predict the outcome of a game this season.

13 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I can agree using film is a much better measure than comparing scores. My point is and as many SHOULD tell you on here, comparing scores has been a terrible way to predict the outcome of a game this season.

I agree with this and not only for this season, I think it always applies. Comparing how bad Munford beat a couple teams to how bad Springfield beat those same teams doesn't hold much weight to me. The playoffs are a different animal, you can usually throw that common opponent stuff out the window. 

25 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Yes they did. 

Jackets with the “upset” no way this team goes out in round 2. Way to much talent to lose to a team northeast went down there and gave Munford a game just couldn’t get across the finish line. Munford is left Friday wondering what just happened, but, but ,but we were 11-0 :roflolk:  

46 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Jackets with the “upset” no way this team goes out in round 2. Way to much talent to lose to a team northeast went down there and gave Munford a game just couldn’t get across the finish line. Munford is left Friday wondering what just happened, but, but ,but we were 11-0 :roflolk:  

Rollred i hope we play our game and not what we done friday because it was our worst by far. I think everyone wants to see the rematch...yall should be well rested lol

8 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

No, Covington is not down this year. We have been ranked #3 or #4 in 3A all year in the AP polls for the state. We’re at 9-2 after Round 1 of the playoffs, we won Region 7-3A, and have home-field advantage in the playoffs until the State Championship, if we can advance that far.

Our two losses are to Munford, undefeated and ranked #3 in the 5A polls, and to Haywood, undefeated and ranked #3 in the 4A polls. My assessment is that we are a darn good 3A team, but faced better talent from bigger schools in these two losses. 

Only  time will tell how Covington does in the remaining playoffs, but I do respect both Munford and Haywood.

I don't think Covington is "way down" but I do believe they are down some. Charger fans want to justify their loses this year by saying they came at the hands of bigger schools. And although that's true they have had several seasons where they beat those 4A and 5A schools on their way to a deep playoff run. I don't say that disrespectfully but this year they did win the games they were expected to win while losing a couple they would normally win or at least make competitive. So that why I believe they are down some. Not bad, just no as good as we all expect from there program. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, RollRed said:

Munford fans are going to be really shocked leaving that stadium Friday night... Just not very talented outside of 5,1 & 11 IMO. 

Edited by ilovethegame