Rd 2 Riverside @ Mt. Pleasant

@38320

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

if that happens i will never challenge a pick of yours again

I think that it could happen General, but I also think that Mt. Pleasant could overrun Riverside if they get off to a fast start. The Tigers play off of emotion more than most teams...let 'em get rolling and they will be really hard to deal with, especially on defense. If MTP fumbles, throws a pick, or gets behind the chains from penalties early and the Panthers get up 2+ scores the air may escape the balloon, but if it goes the other way it could get bad for Riverside before they can slow it down.

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I think that it could happen General, but I also think that Mt. Pleasant could overrun Riverside if they get off to a fast start. The Tigers play off of emotion more than most teams...let 'em get rolling and they will be really hard to deal with, especially on defense. If MTP fumbles, throws a pick, or gets behind the chains from penalties early and the Panthers get up 2+ scores the air may escape the balloon, but if it goes the other way it could get bad for Riverside before they can slow it down.

I think a lot of it comes down to this. Who turns it over early, scores, and the momentum that follows. Mt. Pleasant lot of athletes. Experience and emotion will play a big part

8 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

I think a lot of it comes down to this. Who turns it over early, scores, and the momentum that follows. Mt. Pleasant lot of athletes. Experience and emotion will play a big part

Hope you guys come out on top and have a good run...murderers row next season with your region mates. Should be great games every week and some huge gates, but gonna be brutal with all the "circle the calendar" type games one after the other.

• Like 1

Coach Frost and co will have a good game plan I’m sure of coming into this game. The team  needs to execute and come out with a big win, I haven’t seen much of Mt. Pleasant but from what I read they are a pretty stout team with some athleticism. I’m taking riverside 28-21 or 28-14 feeling like this is gonna be a slug fest between the two.

and is Mt. Pleasant a pass heavy team or more balanced?

Edited by Riverside80

1 hour ago, Riverside80 said:

Coach Frost and co will have a good game plan I’m sure of coming into this game. The team  needs to execute and come out with a big win, I haven’t seen much of Mt. Pleasant but from what I read they are a pretty stout team with some athleticism. I’m taking riverside 28-21 or 28-14 feeling like this is gonna be a slug fest between the two.

and is Mt. Pleasant a pass heavy team or more balanced?

They would rather run. If they can run on you, they won't pass much but they're not bad when they do. The QB has an absolute rocket arm, and can deliver 20+ yard passes on a rope. Hit a post route on us about 35 yards in the hands without the receiver breaking stride. A few comments on here call them well coached...I wouldn't. They are big and athletic all over the field, everybody does their job, and that's hard to beat. We weren't able to put them in a situation where coaching really mattered, and they weren't necessarily sloppy or undisciplined, but I had the feeling that they might unravel a little bit if someone put up a good fight. Tell the kids to keep their composure too, there'll probably be some unsportsmanlike flags fly and I'll leave it at that.

2 hours ago, @38320 said:

Riverside, Camden Central, and Adamsville really hurt by realignment. 

I know that the region sort of makes sense geographically, and that it shouldn't really matter how good you are when determining who's in a region but having 8 teams overall and four semifinals caliber teams (right now) in the same one is not only unfortunate for the teams, but for West Tn. football as a whole. I still think that Camden will improve under McConnell, and that Adamsville will take steps back toward what they were from around 2010-2018, but even without that some very good teams will have to fight for a playoff spot, while another region's #1 or 2 seed can waltz in from lack of tough competition. Not sure if I'm Camden that I don't file an appeal to move to Middle Tn. region...travel would probably be close to the same overall, and less region games locked in. We got in a huge region too...going to hurt us in the wallet big time playing teams close to the Mississippi...won't have 100 fans make the trip, and not much room to schedule our "big gate" games.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I know that the region sort of makes sense geographically, and that it shouldn't really matter how good you are when determining who's in a region but having 8 teams overall and four semifinals caliber teams (right now) in the same one is not only unfortunate for the teams, but for West Tn. football as a whole. I still think that Camden will improve under McConnell, and that Adamsville will take steps back toward what they were from around 2010-2018, but even without that some very good teams will have to fight for a playoff spot, while another region's #1 or 2 seed can waltz in from lack of tough competition. Not sure if I'm Camden that I don't file an appeal to move to Middle Tn. region...travel would probably be close to the same overall, and less region games locked in. We got in a huge region too...going to hurt us in the wallet big time playing teams close to the Mississippi...won't have 100 fans make the trip, and not much room to schedule our "big gate" games.

Sucks for McNairy too. Games two hours away. Away crowd will be slim.