Rd 2 Riverside @ Mt. Pleasant

@38320

A quick look at schedules shows Mt. Pleasant getting beat by a terrible 5A school by something like 10 but beating a Richland school that was put out in the first round by Adamsville and barely beat Loretto. On the flip side, you have Riverside who was blown out by Huntington and barely lost to Hohenwald. Really, we don’t know how good Hohenwald is nor Riverside but we have to deduce that a region boasting a 2A team that got beat by a terrible 1A Collinwood just simply cannot be that good.

Now, saying that, I have not kept up with Mt. Pleasant, at all. So, I don’t know if they have the same play off experience as Riverside.

Should be a good game nevertheless and who ever wins will face Hohenwald in the third round! That is if Hohenwald has truly changed under the new coach and offensive system. 

4 hours ago, @38320 said:

Riverside travels to Mt. Pleasant this week. Who do you Middle TN boys got in this one? 

Not from middle(lol) but saw them twice. Mt. Plesant has players. RB is tough to tackle and fast, QB has a rocket arm and accurate, and the defense swarms athletes to the ball. Kicker will put 50% of kickoffs out the back of the endzone too. Now for the head scratcher...we saw them early last year and they basically looked like I just described but won a total of two games. This season their record is great, but scores against some "average" teams, and analysis from posters in their region doesn't match what I've seen with my own eyes. Could just be a really bad matchup for my Lions, or they may have something laying in the weeds for Riverside. Don't sleep on 'em or you could be playing catch-up, and they seem to play on emotion...I wouldn't want to let them get off to a good start if I could help it.

• Like 1