Rd 2 Unaka @ Coalfield

rtl112

6 hours ago, THE KING said:

Unaka is normally very very bad but this happened to be a rare good group.  They will go back to being bad next year.  In the early 90s,  Unaka was actually a physical power run team.  I remember the McCloud twins, Jamie turner, Michael burrow, and Jason buckles.   Tough group of players I played against 

I remember that squad, they were tough.  We beat them in a tough fought 12-0  slugfest in the 1st round. 

On 11/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, THE KING said:

Unaka is normally very very bad but this happened to be a rare good group.  They will go back to being bad next year.  In the early 90s,  Unaka was actually a physical power run team.  I remember the McCloud twins, Jamie turner, Michael burrow, and Jason buckles.   Tough group of players I played against 

They were ballers! Think the world of Burrow and Buckles. Buckles married an ole Hampton girl and their boy is a dang good round-ball player at Hampton...I've been privileged to coach around him. Class act 

Don’t think this affects the game in anyway, but Unaka fund raised to send the boys down on a charter bus tonight and the company called this morning and said they don’t have a driver for them now. Again, not game effective but do hate it for them, had to take the bus the cheerleaders are using for tonight and they will have to scramble to find a bus for the cheerleading team. 

25 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

Don’t think this affects the game in anyway, but Unaka fund raised to send the boys down on a charter bus tonight and the company called this morning and said they don’t have a driver for them now. Again, not game effective but do hate it for them, had to take the bus the cheerleaders are using for tonight and they will have to scramble to find a bus for the cheerleading team. 

Sad time in this country...As long as 50% of people continue to vote for free handouts, gonna be hard to see change I'm afraid 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yea, well, difference is, you'll work! I'm having awful time finding skilled men. Turning down work left and right 

It’s awful everywhere. Getting hit hard in education and I work with grant funded programs, which means tax dollars are going to waste, but we can’t open classrooms with people who are unfit to care for and educate kids. Went from serving nearly 300 children and families in 5 different counties a few years ago to only being able to serve about 72 in those same 5 counties due to lack of staffing.