The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

36 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

I was at a couple of those games. 

There was a close game until the second half.  I distinctly remember the fake punt that went for a TD. There was a crazy block in the back that wasn't called,  almost exactly like the Elizabethton TD on a slant pass last Friday night.  It was the same side of the end zone and side of the field.  Almost same exact spot.

I also remember that AC looked good and had a lead for a while but...  Once GV got the lead AC kinda panicked, started playing tight,  trying to do too much. 

I've mentioned it before but AC was still in the game and had gotten a stop.  GV punted. AC kid had no business trying to catch and run with it.  Should have let it bounce and start from the 25 or whatever.  Instead,  trying to make a play,  tries to catch the ball on the run.  Fumbles it,  GV recovers and does what GV does.  Makes you pay for mistakes and scored with a short field.  Mavs just seemed kinda disheveled from then on.  

I do think the schedule that AC has played this year has made them more mentally tough and resilient.  They've def been tested by some good, and some average,  teams.  

I'm hopeful that AC can get over the GV hump this year but it's still a big task. I think they have the ability but it'll take a great effort and maybe a bit of luck.  

I agree Greeneville does very well at making teams pay when making mistakes. Too some me too thought AC was going slow last week and it appeared they were. I think conserving energy is good thing for the 4th. However IMO I think the Mavs should play this one identical Methodically. Greeneville IMO as they always do will come out offensively fast up temp and that's expected. They typically want to get a huge jump on teams. IMO I think the Mavs can do well by controlling the clock and methodical play. Maybe 60 run 40 pass score and up temp when and if needed. Last week the offense IMO was confused and missed some opportunities big time. They played great but I think they could have put it away sooner. But I am an armchair QB lol. They will play what they do best. It will be cold so they will have to keep it moving. This is High School football at its best and what an atmosphere and home town crowd for the Mavs. 12-0 vs 12-0 The stands will be rocking in Rocky Top!

5 hours ago, KEV-O said:

This is the guy that thinks good teams should play down to their competition. Thinks it's the winning teams job to keep the score as low as possible. Definitely a loser mentality. 

Yes i think putting up 88 in HS against ANYONE is abhorrent, disrespectful, and classless. Let me hear all your excuses about the S East game. There’s Nothing you can say to justify it. They’re Kids. You ever consider how they might feel? They practiced just as hard and gave it their all just like you. Anyway they can explain to their kids atp about being totally blown out when they reflect on their playing days. . No. Other than Greeneville being disgusting and running up the score when the game had long since been settled. . I know all the nonsense excuses that have gotten real old. Which I’m not going to rehash because they’re ridiculous and pathetic. 

17 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Yes i think putting up 88 in HS against ANYONE is abhorrent, disrespectful, and classless. Let me hear all your excuses about the S East game. There’s Nothing you can say to justify it. They’re Kids. You ever consider how they might feel? They practiced just as hard and gave it their all just like you. Anyway they can explain to their kids atp about being totally blown out when they reflect on their playing days. . No. Other than Greeneville being disgusting and running up the score when the game had long since been settled. . I know all the nonsense excuses that have gotten real old. Which I’m not going to rehash because they’re ridiculous and pathetic. 

I don't agree with running the score up. But this the last thing that will happen Friday by Greeneville. I think we're past this issue now. We are like into strategy. I will be using my surface by Microsoft here in Seattle on Friday to make sure the Mavs don't run up the score too much on Greeneville. But if we get the chance we will do It. It is football. AI

2 hours ago, FormerMav said:

I was at a couple of those games. 

There was a close game until the second half.  I distinctly remember the fake punt that went for a TD. There was a crazy block in the back that wasn't called,  almost exactly like the Elizabethton TD on a slant pass last Friday night.  It was the same side of the end zone and side of the field.  Almost same exact spot.

I also remember that AC looked good and had a lead for a while but...  Once GV got the lead AC kinda panicked, started playing tight,  trying to do too much. 

I've mentioned it before but AC was still in the game and had gotten a stop.  GV punted. AC kid had no business trying to catch and run with it.  Should have let it bounce and start from the 25 or whatever.  Instead,  trying to make a play,  tries to catch the ball on the run.  Fumbles it,  GV recovers and does what GV does.  Makes you pay for mistakes and scored with a short field.  Mavs just seemed kinda disheveled from then on.  

I do think the schedule that AC has played this year has made them more mentally tough and resilient.  They've def been tested by some good, and some average,  teams.  

I'm hopeful that AC can get over the GV hump this year but it's still a big task. I think they have the ability but it'll take a great effort and maybe a bit of luck.  

Mavs has about 8 to 10 players that rarely leaves the field. My question can they take a beating and fast play for 4qtrs.  I watched the Ac/Besty 4th qtr and saw a tired rb core Noe n Moog.  Could that fumble had been due to being tired? If so the Devils will keep them on the field and keep rotating fresh helmets and legs on the Mavs.  Getting ready for a good game hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I don't agree with running the score up. But this the last thing that will happen Friday by Greeneville. I think we're past this issue now. We are like into strategy. I will be using my surface by Microsoft here in Seattle on Friday to make sure the Mavs don't run up the score too much on Greeneville. But if we get the chance we will do It. It is football. AI

heck if you get up. . PLEASE RUN IT UP. There’s no team in the State that deserves having 70+ points put up on them. 

35 minutes ago, Morice49 said:

Mavs has about 8 to 10 players that rarely leaves the field. My question can they take a beating and fast play for 4qtrs.  I watched the Ac/Besty 4th qtr and saw a tired rb core Noe n Moog.  Could that fumble had been due to being tired? If so the Devils will keep them on the field and keep rotating fresh helmets and legs on the Mavs.  Getting ready for a good game hopefully. 

Great point. I wondered that too. They ran Gavin several times on that drive.  He was really trying to make it into the end zone.  Maybe it was a combination.  I thought nick still looked pretty fresh but they wanted power running to grind it out on the ground and clock to finish the game.  

Earlier I posted about getting the 3rd back,   Meyers, some touches. He's smaller but quicker.  He has a nice burst of speed. That would make a good change up and give Nick and Gavin a breather.  

I think the cooler weather helps guys playing both ways, to an extent.  That last drive AC just lined up and ran right at Elizabethton about 5 or 6 times in a row.  

It's forecast to be clear and cold next Friday.  High of 45 during the day and a low of 25. How does this affect both teams? 

Edited by FormerMav

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I guarantee you they didn't practice just as hard as Greeneville. There is no point in arguing with someone like you. You just don't get it. 

8 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Go cry somewhere else you participatory trophy Loser!!!!!

10 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Our 2nd and 3rd strings were in for 95% of that game. They are not going to go in and just lay down they want a chance at the endzone too. If you ca not stop sophomores and freshman as a varsity team that is your problem