The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

9 hours ago, FormerMav said:

Great point. I wondered that too. They ran Gavin several times on that drive.  He was really trying to make it into the end zone.  Maybe it was a combination.  I thought nick still looked pretty fresh but they wanted power running to grind it out on the ground and clock to finish the game.  

Earlier I posted about getting the 3rd back,   Meyers, some touches. He's smaller but quicker.  He has a nice burst of speed. That would make a good change up and give Nick and Gavin a breather.  

I think the cooler weather helps guys playing both ways, to an extent.  That last drive AC just lined up and ran right at Elizabethton about 5 or 6 times in a row.  

It's forecast to be clear and cold next Friday.  High of 45 during the day and a low of 25. How does this affect both teams? 

The cool air will cut breathing a little more but it's all about the prior conditioning that will help.  Conditioning, conditioning, and more.  Could be the determining factor in this game.  We will see.

15 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Series History:

2020 Greeneville won 28-24
2019 Greeneville won 24-7
2018 Greeneville won 42-21
2017 Greeneville won 35-31
2016 Greeneville won 55-9
2015 Greeneville won 38-9
2006 Greeneville won 16-0
2005 AC won 28-12
2004 AC won 37-7
2003 AC won 30-9
1995 AC won 26-7
1994 AC won 29-20

2017 AC blew a 21-0 lead #NeverForget

Edited by GreeneDevil2020
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Morice49 said:

The cool air will cut breathing a little more but it's all about the prior conditioning that will help.  Conditioning, conditioning, and more.  Could be the determining factor in this game.  We will see.

Morice, you have made some great points. I can’t speak for AC, but Greeneville is highly conditioned. People talk about their weight program, but undertalked is their cardio conditioning program. More important, they rotate athletes and these guys are multi sports athletes in very successful programs.

Edited by noonesfool

10 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Morice, you have made some great points. I can’t speak for AC, but Greeneville is highly conditioned. People talk about their weight program, but undertalked is their cardio conditioning program. More important, they rotate athletes and these guys are multi sports athletes in very successful programs.

I agree, especially with this year we have 4 to 5 guys who run the ball. Just reload and watch the next guy fly

17 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Absolutely!!!  That is my point..

16 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Series History:

2020 Greeneville won 28-24
2019 Greeneville won 24-7
2018 Greeneville won 42-21
2017 Greeneville won 35-31
2016 Greeneville won 55-9
2015 Greeneville won 38-9
2006 Greeneville won 16-0
2005 AC won 28-12
2004 AC won 37-7
2003 AC won 30-9
1995 AC won 26-7
1994 AC won 29-20

Common opponents:
Fulton.............. AC won 35-7, GV won 45-6
Elizabethton.... AC won 35-34 and 30-24, GV won 21-0
Gibbs............... AC won 55-23, GV won 58-28
Seymour.......... AC won 55-6, GV won 61-0

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Common opponents:
Fulton.............. AC won 35-7, GV won 45-6
Elizabethton.... AC won 35-34 and 30-24, GV won 21-0
Gibbs............... AC won 55-23, GV won 58-28
Seymour.......... AC won 55-6, GV won 61-0

Comparing scores means nothing. And ill be unbiased with this and give an example of each. "AC gave us less to Gibbs than Greeneville" yes but when we played Gibbs last week our starters did not play any of the second half and they got some garbage touchdowns that's why they got to 28. "Greeneville shut out Etown, AC didn't do that" yes but we played them week 3 when they were still trying to figure life without Rollins. Also we had two punt return TDs called back on bull crap balls so it really should have been 35-0. Anyways, comparing scores like that is like apples to oranges. 

7 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

Comparing scores means nothing. And ill be unbiased with this and give an example of each. "AC gave us less to Gibbs than Greeneville" yes but when we played Gibbs last week our starters did not play any of the second half and they got some garbage touchdowns that's why they got to 28. "Greeneville shut out Etown, AC didn't do that" yes but we played them week 3 when they were still trying to figure life without Rollins. Comparing scores like that is like apples to oranges. 

Appreciate it, best of luck Friday night.....

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

I agree, especially with this year we have 4 to 5 guys who run the ball. Just reload and watch the next guy fly

Plus we have those Freshman linemen and RB's/WR's getting good time on the field behind the Varsity guys.  Lets see how deep we can go....Go Devils!!

AC is going to throw everything they can at Greene, and like Spike said, the AC defensive coordinator has probably been scheming Greene since the get go. Should be a great game and atmosphere.

There’s been a lot of trash talk, dream team, we’ve got it this year, and respect kinda stuff floating around all season. 

Greene may have some penalties, they may not be as precise with the long ball, they may give up a long ball, or run here & there?  As mentioned earlier in the season, this year’s Greene team kinda reminds me of the 2011, especially the defenses. For me it’s Physicality!  I like the physicality and the relentless pursuit to the ball Greene brings every down. May the best team win and move on to the next round. 

Edited by Romansfive8

On 11/11/2022 at 11:21 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Well alot of field before us before this game. I think the Mavs will need review film then brainstorm what ifs and review more film if I were them. Greeneville solid showing they could beat DB by 1 point. The Mavs have an incredible passing game that just barley showed up tonight and I know they are kicking thereselvs. I seen Top Gun Martinez and he was not happy at all. The Mavs need to keep OL healthy and hungry. We all should know something about Greeneville and Mo. West, Betsy and DB. Mavs are playing at home. This is my Dream team! One week to go and we will know. I assume 99.9 percent are betting on Greeneville so the Mavs are the Underdog, to say the least.

Let them keep doubting us! You hold it down for us in the press box the boys will be ready. 

• Like 1