The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

18 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Oops “best player” is out. . I can already see the narrative playing out if the devils lose. 

This is the guy that thinks good teams should play down to their competition. Thinks it's the winning teams job to keep the score as low as possible. Definitely a loser mentality. 

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

This game has traditionally been the state title game for a while.  With the exception of last year this will most likely be your winner.  Good luck to both teams.  Devils by 3 scores.

Yeah you are right and Gville has had AC number for years. I think AC will throw everything they have in this game Friday night but will it be enough to pull out a W? 

16 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Everyone knows a maverick is a wild cow. A wild horse is actually a feral  horse but we call them mustangs.

swipes, I’m more concerned about the person that liked his post. It must be contagious. 

Edited by noonesfool

32 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Everyone knows a maverick is a wild cow. A wild horse is actually a feral  horse but we call them mustangs.

swipes, I’m more concerned about the person that liked his post. It must be contagious. 

There is a massive longhorn in the middle of the field. Also, a terrible cow in distress noise that is made constantly over the loud speaker. Good lord. 

The elephant in the room. I am a little concerned. I think a big key is GV has/is prone to penalties. Some penalties IMO like any team are calculated meaning it benefits a team if the referee doesn't see it. We had a lot of holding/interfering our receivers this year and for most part they have been called great. Little penalties can change a close game. Not saying GV will be holding etc. But it is football and it happens. 

18 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

The elephant in the room. I am a little concerned. I think a big key is GV has/is prone to penalties. Some penalties IMO like any team are calculated meaning it benefits a team if the referee doesn't see it. We had a lot of holding/interfering our receivers this year and for most part they have been called great. Little penalties can change a close game. Not saying GV will be holding etc. But it is football and it happens. 

Penalty issues have been better over the course of the season. This Greene Machine is ready and the best defensive unit the cows have seen all year. Just ask Betsy. Who’s got the stats from that game handy?

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Series History:

2020 Greeneville won 28-24
2019 Greeneville won 24-7
2018 Greeneville won 42-21
2017 Greeneville won 35-31
2016 Greeneville won 55-9
2015 Greeneville won 38-9
2006 Greeneville won 16-0
2005 AC won 28-12
2004 AC won 37-7
2003 AC won 30-9
1995 AC won 26-7
1994 AC won 29-20

I was at a couple of those games. 

There was a close game until the second half.  I distinctly remember the fake punt that went for a TD. There was a crazy block in the back that wasn't called,  almost exactly like the Elizabethton TD on a slant pass last Friday night.  It was the same side of the end zone and side of the field.  Almost same exact spot.

I also remember that AC looked good and had a lead for a while but...  Once GV got the lead AC kinda panicked, started playing tight,  trying to do too much. 

I've mentioned it before but AC was still in the game and had gotten a stop.  GV punted. AC kid had no business trying to catch and run with it.  Should have let it bounce and start from the 25 or whatever.  Instead,  trying to make a play,  tries to catch the ball on the run.  Fumbles it,  GV recovers and does what GV does.  Makes you pay for mistakes and scored with a short field.  Mavs just seemed kinda disheveled from then on.  

I do think the schedule that AC has played this year has made them more mentally tough and resilient.  They've def been tested by some good, and some average,  teams.  

I'm hopeful that AC can get over the GV hump this year but it's still a big task. I think they have the ability but it'll take a great effort and maybe a bit of luck.  

Edited by FormerMav