3rd RD (10-2) Springfield @ (10-2) Henry Co.

brian2000

1 minute ago, Kevin38 said:

Just go ahead and say Springfield is not physical enough and pick the score...lol

Nope. Lol

I’m more interested to see if Crenshaw can hit those WRs running open in the secondary. If the game is played in a phone booth, they have a tough time winning. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Just go ahead and say Springfield is not physical enough and pick the score...lol

4 minutes ago, eers said:

Nope. Lol

I’m more interested to see if Crenshaw can hit those WRs running open in the secondary. If the game is played in a phone booth, they have a tough time winning. 

I was wrong last time when I said HC had the athletes to cover the WRs. They were open, but Crenshaw missed them. That to me will be the story of round 2. 

7 minutes ago, eers said:

Nope. Lol

Nah you are right, if he can even hit a couple, our chances of winning goes up a lot, but the itermediate stuff is important as well, to set up the deep stuff, plus I feel they need to have some success running the ball as well, not just Crenshaw. Intersting game none the less, I expected 2 good battles between these 2 this year and I believe that is what we are going to get...

Edited by Kevin38

1 minute ago, Kevin38 said:

Nah you are right, if he can even hit a couple, our chances of winning goes up a lot, but the itermediate stuff is important as well, to set up the deep stuff, plus I feel they need to have some success running the ball as well, not just Crenshaw. Intersting game none the less, I expected 2 good battles between these 2 this year and I believe that is what we are going to get...

Springfield surprised me in the first game.

I’m just not ready to call this one just yet. I would be making the trip to Paris myself if Beech wasn’t playing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eers said:

Springfield surprised me in the first game.

I’m just not ready to call this one just yet. I would be making the trip to Paris myself if Beech wasn’t playing. 

Tell me about it, there are several games across all classes this week I would be interested in if the Jackets were out!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, eers said:

Nope. Lol

That is the million $ question. The outcome of this game rests on the young but broad shoulders of Crenshaw more so than any other player on the field. Is he capable of TCB; I think he absolutely is. 

An effective passing game opens the run up. This game could be an all time classic if that happens, or a snooze fest if it doesn’t. 

I do feel the Jacket defense is playing it’s best right now. They’ve been pointing to this game since the overtime loss earlier this year at home to the Patriots. I can’t wait for Friday night to get here. 

Edited by JacketLover

Springfield dominated the 2nd half of the regular season meeting. I’m sure that film has been worn pretty thin by our coaches in recent weeks with this matchup looming. 

All in all it should be another great game. The physicality, running games, and defenses are pretty strong on both sides. Enough so that it might come down to which QB has the better game. 

I’ve read several comments about Crenshaw hitting a few passes here and there being the difference, but I feel the same about Damron. If Kendall, Boyd, Duncan, and Barrick are all good to go, I’ve still gotta favor HC at home. 

I’m expecting a 1 score game or less either way. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Springfield dominated the 2nd half of the regular season meeting. I’m sure that film has been worn pretty thin by our coaches in recent weeks with this matchup looming. 

All in all it should be another great game. The physicality, running games, and defenses are pretty strong on both sides. Enough so that it might come down to which QB has the better game. 

I’ve read several comments about Crenshaw hitting a few passes here and there being the difference, but I feel the same about Damron. If Kendall, Boyd, Duncan, and Barrick are all good to go, I’ve still gotta favor HC at home. 

I’m expecting a 1 score game or less either way. 

I've been hearing Barrick is done for the season. Was in a boot Friday night on the sideline.

2 hours ago, RagingRedPatriot said:

I've been hearing Barrick is done for the season. Was in a boot Friday night on the sideline.

Man I hate that for the kid. I really want to see both teams at 100% for this match up. I know Springfield was without a few key guys in the first matchup and have them back now. Still going to be one heckuva ballgame 

2 hours ago, RagingRedPatriot said:

Yeah I hate to hear this as well, the kid has played well when he has been out there. Hopefully it is just a precaution and he will be able to go. I know you guys have had some good players at RB, I am sure someone will emerge. Either way, good luck to that young man and hopefully he can play Friday night...