Interesting article on classification appeal

Indian

23 hours ago, Indian said:

They could possibly get city rivals Tyner, Brainerd, Central, East Ridge, Hixson, a couple of smaller schools like Lookout Valley (nearby) and Sale Creek, CCS right down the street, 1 long trip like an Austin-East. Still wouldn’t be easy but playing teams like Rhea and traveling could be a program-ender if it’s in the condition described. 

This would be non region schedule for Howard

Week 1 brainerd

Week 2 lookout Valley

Week 3 Tyner

Week 4 bye

Week 5 Chattanooga prep

Week 6  Sale Creek

Week 7 Hixson

Week 8 East Ridge

Week 9 copper Basin

Week 10  Silverdale  or notre  dame

Week 11 William Blount or Sequoyah 

Also an added not I dont know why people are fussing if Howard played a nonregion  schedule, Sparta just did it a few years ago and helped create an interest amongst the kids. They went from being 0-10 consecutive years to competing in 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. I think if Howard got a non region schedule and focused on coaching and displine   they'd be a more competitive team not world beaters but at least 3-7 to 6-4 records becoming a normal thing rather than 0-10 nonstop.

Edited by RichyRich

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

West high isn't remotely as diverse as Howard.  

Tell me you know nothing about Knox West without telling me you know nothing about Knox West.  They are the only school in the area with an international baccalaureate program so yes it’s a very diverse school. 

18 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Glencliff High in Nashville is in the same boat. 40+ languages spoken. Most kids there think football means soccer. They get their brains beat out every week. They have never asked to move down.

I have been told by a former MNPS teacher that Glencliff now has close to 50 languages that are the 1st language spoken in the student's home.  My friend referred to Glencliff as the United Nations.

Howard and people close to Howard need to tell the truth!!!! and that is kids do not want to play for the current coach.  These are pure FACTS!!! No other sports participation is down. As a matter fact all them have grown.  This coach has not only lost players but coaches have left him too.

On 11/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, Swipes said:

Tell me you know nothing about Knox West without telling me you know nothing about Knox West.  They are the only school in the area with an international baccalaureate program so yes it’s a very diverse school. 

I Just know it's not remotely close to Howard's diversity.  Tell me you know nothing about Howard's without telling me you know nothing about Howard. 

On 11/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, Swipes said:

Howard's demographics 

50% Hispanic

46% Black

2% mixed

2% white. 

About 10 years ago  it would have looked like

92% black

5% Hispanic

2% mixed

1% white

10 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Howard's demographics 

50% Hispanic

46% Black

2% mixed

2% white. 

About 10 years ago  it would have looked like

92% black

5% Hispanic

2% mixed

1% white

You don't even know what the word Diversity even means then and need to stop using it .( https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/diversity ).  Just because Howard has more of a Hispanic population doesn't mean it's more diverse just that that is the 2nd highest behind African American make up of the school.  In fact it means Howard is less diverse since 96% of the schools population is made up of two races.

Knox West is from Great Schools

White 

62%

Black 

21%

Hispanic 

10%

Mixed

5%

Asian or Pacific Islander 

2%

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander