Rankings

MidTennBballObserver

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I watched South Gibson play dyersburg Friday. Dyersburg was just okay. Their skill is not where it needs to be but I'm sure their coach will fix that and they will be very good in a year or two.

Not impressed with South Gibson. They play hard but not much better than last season late in the year which you would expect them to be ahead of where they were last year with not graduating any players. Didn't know they lost a player so maybe that is the difference. 

I will watch again Tomorrow night vs Gibson County,  

I saw South Gibson this summer and have seen them once this year.  Looking at their upcoming schedule, we'll know more in a few weeks.  They play Gibson Co, McCracken (KY), Crockett Co, then go to Christmas tournament at White Co.  My take on them coming into the season has not changed as of yet.  They defend well and they can shoot it.  If they had a legitimate post player, they would be a real threat.  They are nowhere near South Side's level, but they may be good enough to get to a state tournament.  Looks like South Gibson only gave up 29 points to a Dyersburg team with a guard committed to Memphis.  I wasn't there so you would have more insight on that.  McNairy Co is probably the best team on the other side of their region and McNairy lost to Dyersburg 59-50.

I'm going to try to watch the stream of the SGC/GC game tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I watched South Gibson play dyersburg Friday. Dyersburg was just okay. Their skill is not where it needs to be but I'm sure their coach will fix that and they will be very good in a year or two.

Not impressed with South Gibson. They play hard but not much better than last season late in the year which you would expect them to be ahead of where they were last year with not graduating any players. Didn't know they lost a player so maybe that is the difference. 

I have watched a lot of ball through the summer etc… West TN you have several teams who are pretty good teams that are work in progress’ to being good teams and making runs late. South Gibson, Gibson County, TCA, Crockett County, Huntingdon, USJ….Hadn’t seen Dyersburg…. South Gibson and Gibson County both have to get better to make runs late. Speaking for Gibson County we have 3-4 new faces on the floor that are getting major minutes that didn’t play any varsity last year. We have to get healthy as well. Sickness has been a problem this year with multiple players missing multiple games as well. I think it is early and some of these teams I know ours especially will be better as the year goes on. South Gibson and Gibson County I predict TO’s will be a big key and points in transition. Both teams like to press and create offense with defense. 

Edited by pioneer42

53 minutes ago, maddams said:

I saw South Gibson this summer and have seen them once this year.  Looking at their upcoming schedule, we'll know more in a few weeks.  They play Gibson Co, McCracken (KY), Crockett Co, then go to Christmas tournament at White Co.  My take on them coming into the season has not changed as of yet.  They defend well and they can shoot it.  If they had a legitimate post player, they would be a real threat.  They are nowhere near South Side's level, but they may be good enough to get to a state tournament.  Looks like South Gibson only gave up 29 points to a Dyersburg team with a guard committed to Memphis.  I wasn't there so you would have more insight on that.  McNairy Co is probably the best team on the other side of their region and McNairy lost to Dyersburg 59-50.

Good assessment. West TN has some teams that are pretty good teams that have to iron out some wrinkles and get better in some areas to get to state. Gibson County being one of them. 

1 hour ago, maddams said:

If Dyersburg has a guard committed to Memphis I couldn't tell you who it is.  I didn't see a D1guard that night... Maybe she didn't play... Definitely not a D1 guard on the court that night. 

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I definitely will be there tomorrow 

27 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If Dyersburg has a guard committed to Memphis I couldn't tell you who it is.  I didn't see a D1guard that night... Maybe she didn't play... Definitely not a D1 guard on the court that night. 

Got a kid named Joya Crawford, #24 maybe (that might be wrong).  I have been corrected since my previous post: she has an offer from Memphis.  Not committed but definitely has a D1 offer.

21 minutes ago, maddams said:

Got a kid named Joya Crawford, #24 maybe (that might be wrong).  I have been corrected since my previous post: she has an offer from Memphis.  Not committed but definitely has a D1 offer.

Yeah she put up 24 against us last year as a Freshman. She can play when she is dialed in with the best of them. 

New TN Report Rankings

1. Blackman                           11. MTCS

2. Bradley Central                 12. Cookeville

3. Webb                                  13. Oakland

4. Bartlett                                14. McKenzie

5. Coffee Co                            15. South Gibson

6. South Side                           16. York Institute

7. Cleveland                            17. Clarksville

8. Westview                             18. Greeneville

9. Upperman                           19. Gatlinburg- Pittman

10. Ensworth                           20. East Nashville

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah she put up 24 against us last year as a Freshman. She can play when she is dialed in with the best of them. 

Looks like she been reading to many press clipping not even close to the player she was last year. If she can figure it out still like Dyersburg to win district 

18 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Looks like she been reading to many press clipping not even close to the player she was last year. If she can figure it out still like Dyersburg to win district 

A lot of that goes on don’t it?? Still early on though. Not how you start it is how you finish. Basketball is just getting started. GC has some improving to do as well.

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

A lot of that goes on don’t it?? Still early on though. Not how you start it is how you finish. Basketball is just getting started. GC has some improving to do as well.

Starting 3 girls that didn’t play high school basketball last year. Should get a lot better by district time