Rankings

MidTennBballObserver

6 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

What you think about SG now? Still ain’t really played nobody worth talking about…. But what are your thoughts? 

I have seen South Gibson. They lost their 6 man which will not help them. She actually played well in the game at South Side last year. They will be tough. We got them Tuesday Night at their place and we better be ready. They are not South Side good I don’t think but who is?? Hard to play a good team 4-5 times. Lily Baggett got hurt last year and I heard they have in the gym all summer taking it personal. They will be a handful. Well coached too.

Edited by pioneer42

41 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I have seen South Gibson. They lost their 6 man which will not help them. She actually played well in the game at South Side last year. They will be tough. We got them Tuesday Night at their place and we better be ready. They are not South Side good I don’t think but who is?? Hard to play a good team 4-5 times. Lily Baggett got hurt last year and I heard they have in the gym all summer taking it personal. They will be a handful. Well coached too.

Yeap I heard a lot of stories about their 6 man. If it is true shame on the entire South Gibson school, but not any of my business! She was a good player that hustled & played her role. She definitely is a big loss for them. Yea we will see them at least 4-5 times & we look forward to it. They are well coached but we don’t like her! After Baggett got hurt against us last year and she said we tried to hurt the poor girl! We don’t practice any of that behavior her at South Side never have & never will! Shame on her for that insensitive choice of words by their leader! We can’t wait to play them 

Edited by HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yeap I heard a lot of stories about their 6 man. If it is true shame on the entire South Gibson school, but not any of my business! She was a good player that hustled & played her role. She definitely is a big loss for them. Yea we will see them at least 4-5 times & we look forward to it. They are well coached but we don’t like her! After Baggett got hurt against us last year and she said we tried to hurt the poor girl! We don’t practice any of that behavior her at South Side never have & never will! Shame on her for that insensitive choice of words by their leader! We can’t wait to play them 

Nobody tries to hurt anybody. Just aggressive players. 50/50 balls are 50/50 balls. I will say this. If a ball is on the floor, dive and go after it. Injuries happen and are very unfortunate. GC and South Side’s battles have resulted in injuries and there has always been nothing but class in dealing with them. I honestly hadn’t heard anything about this, but I have always said you win with class and lose with class. But you don’t have to go to lunch and hang out with your opponent. Right??? 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Nobody tries to hurt anybody. Just aggressive players. 50/50 balls are 50/50 balls. I will say this. If a ball is on the floor, dive and go after it. Injuries happen and are very unfortunate. GC and South Side’s battles have resulted in injuries and there has always been nothing but class in dealing with them. I honestly hadn’t heard anything about this, but I have always said you win with class and lose with class. But you don’t have to go to lunch and hang out with your opponent. Right??? 

That’s definitely true. I agree 100 percent 

19 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Nahh we terrible….  :shock:    

I don’t think Cookeville is terrible at all. They held serve against a rival in White County on their home floor which is to be expected. Just like I fully expect White County to return the favor on January 6th.  I’ll be interested to see how they matchup against Oakland. I will say I’m surprised they let the freshman transfer to Upperman. She will be a solid player before it’s all said and done.  

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I don’t think Cookeville is terrible at all. They held serve against a rival in White County on their home floor which is to be expected. Just like I fully expect White County to return the favor on January 6th.  I’ll be interested to see how they matchup against Oakland. I will say I’m surprised they let the freshman transfer to Upperman. She will be a solid player before it’s all said and done.  

That wasn’t a fair assessment of the game.  Cookeville led every second of the game and would have won by 20+
if not for injury. They still won by 15 with their best player out the second half.  

As far as Oakland goes,  we don’t have any cupcakes on our schedule.  It’s tough every night and I expect that game to be the same.  Hopefully JG will be 100% for that game. We play a lot of young players so we will struggle some games but we have two of the best players in the state leading the team so  I think we will be ok.  

As for the transfers, they did what was best for them.  Wish them nothing but the best.  Both can play.  

15 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Bearden is top 5 and they aren’t even mentioned so I don’t put much stock into these rankings. 

Agreed but gives old people like me something to compare teams to when I can’t get West or East to see these other high ranking teams play.  Thanks for the input, I still say Upperman is the best team in the Upper Cumberland’s.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, pioneer42 said:

I watched South Gibson play dyersburg Friday. Dyersburg was just okay. Their skill is not where it needs to be but I'm sure their coach will fix that and they will be very good in a year or two.

Not impressed with South Gibson. They play hard but not much better than last season late in the year which you would expect them to be ahead of where they were last year with not graduating any players. Didn't know they lost a player so maybe that is the difference. 

I will watch again Tomorrow night vs Gibson County,