6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

22 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Oakland will very likely NOT catch up.  My assumption would be that Creasy will be recieving some very attractive offers in the future that will be impossible to ignore.  If he stayed at Oakland for the next 12-15 years he very well could get it done.  He has shown himself to be an elite coach with a great situation and location for serious talent.  

Maryville was fortunate to have GQ as long as they did.  HE made Maryville become the Maryville that everyone once feared.  He left and things slowly have turned.  Everything has a season.  Nothing last forever.  One day Creasy will move on from Oakland and the same will occur there.  They will still be pretty dang good for awhile and eventually things will play out.  Before Creasy, Oakland had 3 state titles.  Before GQ, Maryville had 3 as well if I'm not mistaken.  Point is, neither team was really anything special before those two coaches showed up.  

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.  I have been attempting to do that with MiddleTN Football for several posts.

Edited by Augustus

On 12/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, ttitan27 said:

Oakland will very likely NOT catch up.  My assumption would be that Creasy will be recieving some very attractive offers in the future that will be impossible to ignore.  If he stayed at Oakland for the next 12-15 years he very well could get it done.  He has shown himself to be an elite coach with a great situation and location for serious talent.  

Maryville was fortunate to have GQ as long as they did.  HE made Maryville become the Maryville that everyone once feared.  He left and things slowly have turned.  Everything has a season.  Nothing last forever.  One day Creasy will move on from Oakland and the same will occur there.  They will still be pretty dang good for awhile and eventually things will play out.  Before Creasy, Oakland had 3 state titles.  Before GQ, Maryville had 3 as well if I'm not mistaken.  Point is, neither team was really anything special before those two coaches showed up.  

If Creasy stays it wouldn't be impossible, and I personally think they win the next two years. However, he will more than likely leave at some point, and the continuing growth of Rutherford county will not make winning any easier. More high schools are bound to come and even out the talent a bit more.

9 minutes ago, RuralElmoreBHS said:

If Creasy stays it wouldn't be impossible, and I personally think they win the next two years. However, he will more than likely leave at some point, and the continuing growth of Rutherford county will not make winning any easier. More high schools are bound to come and even out the talent a bit more.

It's no guarantee that they win it the next 2 years, but if I had to make a prediction right now I would agree with you. It's very possible if not likely that Oakland will be better the next 2 years than they were this year.

• Upvote 1