6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

That's just what Oakland does. They wear down the defense and run-away with the game in the second half! Even if Beech had scored on their first drive of the 2nd half. They could not stop Oakland. The only difference there would not have been a running clock maybe. Not the first time in a state championship game Oakland has had a running clock and probably not the last!! This was supposed to be a rebuilding year!! And Creasy is as classy as them come!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BullyDog said:

That's just what Oakland does. They wear down the defense and run-away with the game in the second half! Even if Beech had scored on their first drive of the 2nd half. They could not stop Oakland. The only difference there would not have been a running clock maybe. Not the first time in a state championship game Oakland has had a running clock and probably not the last!! This was supposed to be a rebuilding year!! And Creasy is as classy as them come!

Well said

41 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

No problem buddy. It seems like Riverdale should have more because we used to have to go through them yearly and usually ended up on the losing side in those games, unfortunately. They were dominant then, but Oakland has taken it to another level.

Yep I remember a time that Dobyns Bennett or Oak Ridge would have to play Riverdale for the right to state and Oakland back then would be in the mix sometimes as well. Still get mad that 2005 oak ridge team fell short...i was rooting hard for Spencer and Revel that year.

34 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Only won 4, but they also have like 9 runner ups. They used to be in the title game pretty much every year. That’s probably why it seems like they have more. 

Yep they really were in it like every year...I guess as long as Oakland is on top theyre competing with Blackman for second best in Murfreesboro.

1 hour ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Ranked 15 in nation. 
I’d love to see it. 

if Oakland came ready still think it’ll be 28-14 Oakland. 

Didn't Oakland lose to CPA 35-14? LA just beat CPA 42-0. LA also beat Thompson AL who just won 7A State Title, and Milton, GA who is playing for 7A title next week. Oakland has a great team, but no way the beat LA, BA, Ensowrth, Baylor, McCallie, or MBA. Don't think any of those scores would be close either. 

4 minutes ago, 10iSeeBall said:

Didn't Oakland lose to CPA 35-14? LA just beat CPA 42-0. LA also beat Thompson AL who just won 7A State Title, and Milton, GA who is playing for 7A title next week. Oakland has a great team, but no way the beat LA, BA, Ensowrth, Baylor, McCallie, or MBA. Don't think any of those scores would be close either. 

Lol....Oakland would boat race virtually all of them.   DLA would be a good game but the rest?  Not so much 

2 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Ranked 15 in nation. 
I’d love to see it. 

if Oakland came ready still think it’ll be 28-14 Oakland. 

lol let’s not get too crazy. Oakland doesn’t beat LA, and they absolutely don’t do it by 2 scores lol. don’t be silly. They are 4th best in the state at best. Behind LA, Baylor, and MBA at a minimum. LA and MBA are ranked Nationally. LA top 15, MBA top 40. And Baylor just beat MBA so they’re good enough to be up there too. all 3 handle Oakland 7 or 8 times out of 10. it will be interesting to see how LA does without Dilfer. I’m assuming they’re gonna promote from within to keep the same system. 

5 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

lol let’s not get too crazy. Oakland doesn’t beat LA, and they absolutely don’t do it by 2 scores lol. don’t be silly. They are 4th best in the state at best. Behind LA, Baylor, and MBA at a minimum. LA and MBA are ranked Nationally. LA top 15, MBA top 40. And Baylor just beat MBA so they’re good enough to be up there too. all 3 handle Oakland 7 or 8 times out of 10. it will be interesting to see how LA does without Dilfer. I’m assuming they’re gonna promote from within to keep the same system. 

I’m not sure how much of Dilfer’s staff he’s taking with him to UAB but I’m sure there are some. He definitely had some guys on his LA staff who could coach with him at the college level 

Really proud of my alma mater for being able to capitalize on the mistakes made by Beech, an incredibly well coached team who always plays to the utmost of their potential

What a senior class. 44-1, 3 state championships, so incredibly hard to do when you share a classification with a program like Maryville. Not a lot of big stars like previous classes, just alot of great kids that love football and play for each other. I like Oakland's chances to continue the gold standard this class has set for the program 

First, congratulations to Beech on a great year. Tonight was not your night, but you have nothing to hang your head about. You made it to the dance, when no one else thought you could.

Hats off to Coach Creasy and a great Oakland team. I have known Coach Creasy for several years and he’s a class act. 

Tonight Beech made too many mistakes and as a championship team does, Oakland capitalized. Beech did not play their best football and it happened to be against the best team in public school classification, if not the state. A bad game does not take away from the year they had. This is a great group of kids… you will be missed.

• Upvote 2