6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

On 1/20/2023 at 11:54 AM, jhawk23 said:

I definitely understand your points about doubling his income. Maybe he does decide to go that route eventually. All I'm saying is with what he has going on at Oakland right now, I wouldn't expect him to be leaving any time soon.

Thats why I am saying 2 years... his son graduates...and he has an opportunity to shift focus...Think about it... come in and do nothing but football, draw a 6 figure check plus  his roughly 35k retirement from Tennessee. With no penalty. Or stay put and draw out his 75k a year including booster monies and stipends 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:20 AM, CougarDadx2 said:

Gary Rankin

Not sure if your referencing his exit from Riverdale or Alcoa. Left Riverdale bc the writing was on the wall, probably could have won a title in 2006 or 2007 but talent level was just never the same, didn't help hiring Aydellot wasn't a good fit. Alcoa is gonna be just fine without him. With the talent Oakland currently has, hard to see them in decline even if Creasy leaves.

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Thats why I am saying 2 years... his son graduates...and he has an opportunity to shift focus...Think about it... come in and do nothing but football, draw a 6 figure check plus  his roughly 35k retirement from Tennessee. With no penalty. Or stay put and draw out his 75k a year including booster monies and stipends 

I mean let's be honest, football coach with the success Creasy has had pretty much can do whatever he wants, long as he doesn't make the mistake Shad did. If he wants less on his plate, there are easy ways to make that happen. Don't think Oakland ppl are blind to Creasy leaving, but I don't think he's gonna leave for the first one that throws a check at him if his chances to win a title aren't good

When that day does come, they're won't be a shortage of really good/great coaches that will want this job, given the talent it has in its feeder programs.

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not sure if your referencing his exit from Riverdale or Alcoa. Left Riverdale bc the writing was on the wall, probably could have won a title in 2006 or 2007 but talent level was just never the same, didn't help hiring Aydellot wasn't a good fit. Alcoa is gonna be just fine without him. With the talent Oakland currently has, hard to see them in decline even if Creasy leaves.

I'm pretty sure the Gary Rankin comment was him leaving Alcoa to coach at BB to draw the retirement and Private School Coaches pay. (Closer to his kids i think had a larger influence)  Rankin could have stayed at Alcoa as long as he wanted and kept raking in state championships the same way Creasy could do the same at  Oakland

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

I'm pretty sure the Gary Rankin comment was him leaving Alcoa to coach at BB to draw the retirement and Private School Coaches pay. (Closer to his kids i think had a larger influence)  Rankin could have stayed at Alcoa as long as he wanted and kept raking in state championships the same way Creasy could do the same at  Oakland

Has a nice bit of irony regardless since you could make the case he's a big reason why there is a division II

On 1/23/2023 at 12:50 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I mean let's be honest, football coach with the success Creasy has had pretty much can do whatever he wants, long as he doesn't make the mistake Shad did. If he wants less on his plate, there are easy ways to make that happen. Don't think Oakland ppl are blind to Creasy leaving, but I don't think he's gonna leave for the first one that throws a check at him if his chances to win a title aren't good

When that day does come, they're won't be a shortage of really good/great coaches that will want this job, given the talent it has in its feeder programs.

Slow to get back to this, yes Alcoa to Boyd. Draw that money, closer to family, still loving football.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:02 AM, Blaze45 said:

He is done in 2 years. He just told some Rockvale and Christiana middle school recruits that a few days ago in his office