2023 Henry County Patriots

BigRed88

40 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Tough loss to Page but we have to look towards next season. I'm just not sure what next year's team will look like. We have some good players returning but a lot of holes to fill. I'd like to hear what anybody else has to say about next year's Patriots.

HC will definitely miss this senior class but we have some very good young players in the pipeline and I think it will be a good season. I actually expect solid seasons for the next few years. Development at several positions is key but I think the coaches and kids get it done. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

HC will definitely miss this senior class but we have some very good young players in the pipeline and I think it will be a good season. I actually expect solid seasons for the next few years. Development at several positions is key but I think the coaches and kids get it done. 

How did Grove do this year? I didn't get to keep up with their season. 

2 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

5-1 or 6-1. A good team with some very good lineman on both sides. 

Yeah that's what I was wondering, I know we'll need some good linemen on both sides for sure. Will have a very different feel next year without the seniors from this year. I'm assuming Caden takes over at QB? 

It's been several years since I've gone into an offseason with this little insight into how the following year's team will look. I agree there is talent and potential in the underclasses. The uncertainty is honestly intriguing and a little bit exciting, simply because there are so many unknowns. 

One thing is for sure, whatever ends up coming together as a team next fall will be coached up pretty well. It's gonna be a tougher region, and the non-region scheduling is probably gonna be no picnic either. I look forward to seeing what Counce and company can do with this upcoming group. 

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

It's been several years since I've gone into an offseason with this little insight into how the following year's team will look. I agree there is talent and potential in the underclasses. The uncertainty is honestly intriguing and a little bit exciting, simply because there are so many unknowns. 

One thing is for sure, whatever ends up coming together as a team next fall will be coached up pretty well. It's gonna be a tougher region, and the non-region scheduling is probably gonna be no picnic either. I look forward to seeing what Counce and company can do with this upcoming group. 

IMHO Region 7 5A will be the toughs Region in 5A.  It’s going to be like th3 SEC and be EXTREMELY hard to come out without at least one loss

15 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

IMHO Region 7 5A will be the toughs Region in 5A.  It’s going to be like th3 SEC and be EXTREMELY hard to come out without at least one loss

I agree. Going to be a very tough region. Counce will schedule a tough non region schedule which makes me think we could start having a few loses on our record especially with the tough region schedule now too. 

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

I agree. Going to be a very tough region. Counce will schedule a tough non region schedule which makes me think we could start having a few loses on our record especially with the tough region schedule now too. 

I know on the TSSAA website it had like your 3rd game at home against Riverdale, if true that should be fun!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I know on the TSSAA website it had like your 3rd game at home against Riverdale, if true that should be fun!

I just looked on there and it's showing the non region games being Brighton, Riverdale, Brentwood, Ridgeway, and Northeast. If that's right sounds like a fun schedule.