2023 Henry County Patriots

BigRed88

On 1/20/2023 at 10:21 PM, MSURacer said:

Blast from the past for any old timers. I came across this on YouTube looking at old Travis Stephens UT videos. 

1995 Northeast @ Henry County. It's just highlights. 

It was a loss for the Big Red but NE was a giant that year. HC was pretty dang good too. This was probably the last "really good" team we had before Gaddis. #34 for the Eagles is Vol legend Travis Stephens, whose YouTube channel this appears to be. The '94 game is on there as well. 

94 is probably the best team that Riverdale has ever had and might be Rankin's best team. 

You guys were good enough in 98 to give us a loss before we won state. One of these days we'll get our payback 

Edited by MidTennFootball

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

94 is probably the best team that Riverdale has ever had and might be Rankin's best team. 

You guys were good enough in 98 to give us a loss before we won state. One of these days we'll get our payback 

The 90’s produced some of the best teams in state history between Cleveland, Riverdale, Brentwood Academy, Oakland, and I believe even Pearl Cohn had an all-time great team in there as well. 

I was in college the year we defeated Oakland and didn’t witness that one, but it would no doubt be tougher sledding nowadays. 

23 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

The 90’s produced some of the best teams in state history between Cleveland, Riverdale, Brentwood Academy, Oakland, and I believe even Pearl Cohn had an all-time great team in there as well. 

I was in college the year we defeated Oakland and didn’t witness that one, but it would no doubt be tougher sledding nowadays. 

I will agree with the others about the 90s. Obviously you got to be really good to win state, but some of Creasy's title teams were better than 98. Getting to watch John Henderson at PC was something, truly a man amongst boys, and he was a really good bball player as well

It's a good time to be a Patriot, no matter which one you support

On 1/26/2023 at 7:09 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I will agree with the others about the 90s. Obviously you got to be really good to win state, but some of Creasy's title teams were better than 98. Getting to watch John Henderson at PC was something, truly a man amongst boys, and he was a really good bball player as well

It's a good time to be a Patriot, no matter which one you support

I was maybe a year or 2 ahead of Henderson in school, I remember the story that came out in the Tennesseean when he was in Middle School and they were calling him Baby Shaq and he was having trouble finding shoes big enough to fit him, now someone who remembers this correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the actual Shaq sent him some shoes that fit or something to that effect...lol

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 9:29 PM, BigRed88 said:

What's the early thoughts on the team this season? I know we have some good players coming back. Lost a lot of key pieces on offense and defense. Both lines lost a few good players as well. 

I think we will be solid and might surprise some people. Region is tougher but we’ve played tough out of region teams for years.