Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

On 12/11/2022 at 4:00 AM, DarkKnight4 said:

If Stewart got that job , the Green Wave would instantly be better. He is a proven winner, he can get the kids to buy in and the culture he has created in EN in 2 years is impressive That would be a huge blow to EN. Is he even interested in leaving ? Would he take a pay cut , and why leave would be the question .

I think Eddie Woods would be a great choice as well . He also is a proven winner and I know he could get those kids fired .

Gallatin needs to try something new in my opinion . They need someone that can relate to the kids, make them tougher, and push them to be the best they can be. Gallatin still has great tradition and great players but they have to understand the times have changed and they need a shake up culture wise.

I saw them vs CR and that loss was unacceptable for the athletes I saw on their sideline. I hope Gallatin gets this right!

Good luck Green Wave fans

Either one of those guys would be great choices.   Stewart could be a star in the making, time will tell.  I’m curious to know if any names get leaked this week with interviews being conducted.   My top 2 are still Rang and Caine.  I’ve heard there are some very good candidates this time around.  We shall see.  

16 minutes ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Either one of those guys would be great choices.   Stewart could be a star in the making, time will tell.  I’m curious to know if any names get leaked this week with interviews being conducted.   My top 2 are still Rang and Caine.  I’ve heard there are some very good candidates this time around.  We shall see.  

Idk wave comparing East Nashville to Gallatin. Y’all have a better weight room and facilities but that turf is a game changer for EN. You could also argue EN has better top athletes. Also he gets paid more teaching in Mnps. Gallatin is a sleeping giant but the question is are the Gallatin folks ready for that giant to awake? 

6 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Idk wave comparing East Nashville to Gallatin. Y’all have a better weight room and facilities but that turf is a game changer for EN. You could also argue EN has better top athletes. Also he gets paid more teaching in Mnps. Gallatin is a sleeping giant but the question is are the Gallatin folks ready for that giant to awake? 

Pay is fluent with how many years in the system and what degrees you have.  Sumner Co just had a $4000 pay increase which is set to go into effect in January.    Still not as good as metro but helps.   Sumner has its share of athletes and there are pros and cons to turf.  One thing that Gallatin has over East Nashville is the community and tradition.  If you are a successful coach up here, you will have a big following and easier time financially.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Right FB, the right coach could get them back rolling. I heard your HC was a finalist at one point last time, could be a rumor though. I believe he and his staff could of done some things. I think Stewart is a good coach and could do something with them as well but I dont see them hiring a coach outside of the norm if that makes sense. What EN has been doing and what PC has done over the years is impressive I wonder why outsiders of metro never reach out the CR, PC, EN coaches. Being successful in metro is alot harder than some of these county jobs sometimes . Call Brunetti, Woods , Stewart , Broome etc. ALL HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE . 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, WildWolf6 said:

Right FB, the right coach could get them back rolling. I heard your HC was a finalist at one point last time, could be a rumor though. I believe he and his staff could of done some things. I think Stewart is a good coach and could do something with them as well but I dont see them hiring a coach outside of the norm if that makes sense. What EN has been doing and what PC has done over the years is impressive I wonder why outsiders of metro never reach out the CR, PC, EN coaches. Being successful in metro is alot harder than some of these county jobs sometimes . Call Brunetti, Woods , Stewart , Broome etc. ALL HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE . 

I’m with you on Woods, Stewart, and Brunetti.   But Broome has only had 1 season of 10+ wins in the last 10-11 years.  Broome and Brunetti are also both bringing in 90k a year.   Not much of a reason for those guys to go anywhere.  

17 hours ago, WildWolf6 said:

Right FB, the right coach could get them back rolling. I heard your HC was a finalist at one point last time, could be a rumor though. I believe he and his staff could have done some things. I think Stewart is a good coach and could do something with them as well but I dont see them hiring a coach outside of the norm if that makes sense. What EN has been doing and what PC has done over the years is impressive I wonder why outsiders of metro never reach out the CR, PC, EN coaches. Being successful in metro is alot harder than some of these county jobs sometimes . Call Brunetti, Woods , Stewart , Broome etc. ALL HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE . 

Trust me I understand. What I’ve learned on Coacht is that Mnps coach’s cant win outside of Mnps. Reasons are because they can’t coach and don’t know football like the rest of the state. Mnps only deal with athletes and can’t win with a bunch of average joes like other coaches. Sometimes tradition holds you back. I remember when UT hired Pruitt and the WHOLE state was like yea we just need a good a ol ball coach that know ball and only talk ball. See what happened? Now they hired a guy that everybody was like naw he won’t fit but look what happen.

40 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Trust me I understand. What I’ve learned on Coacht is that Mnps coach’s cant win outside of Mnps. Reasons are because they can’t coach and don’t know football like the rest of the state. Mnps only deal with athletes and can’t win with a bunch of average joes like other coaches. Sometimes tradition holds you back. I remember when UT hired Pruitt and the WHOLE state was like yea we just need a good a ol ball coach that know ball and only talk ball. See what happened? Now they hired a guy that everybody was like naw he won’t fit but look what happen.

I know for certain that the majority of Gallatin fans do not feel this way.  In fact, there are at least one or two metro coaches being looked at in this process.  There are a couple issues though.  One, Metro pays significantly more than most (if not all) surrounding counties.  Two….  Outside of Brunetti, Woods, and Broome there is massive turnover at Metro schools.   By my count, 5 of the schools have gone through 4 coaches since 2015.  Another 4 schools have gone through 3 coaches in that time period. The challenges are different.  Although rare, it isn’t unprecedented for a metro coach to go outside MNPS and be successful.  Ron Aydelott made the jump from Hillsboro to Riverdale and had several 11+ win seasons.  Scott Blade also made the jump from Hillsboro to Oak Ridge, and he eventually won a championship at Indy.  I think most Gallatin fans don’t care where our next head coach comes from, as long as they come in and restore a winning culture. 

Edited by WaveGoodbye
  • Upvote 1