Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

7 minutes ago, WaveGoodbye said:

So you heard $65k?

There is no set amount that they can, or will, pay the new coach. It's all dependent on the candidate's years of teaching experience, and what level degree they have. That's the base amount. Then, add on their coaching stipend, which is 10% of their base salary for a head coach in Sumner County. I think their can be some ways to boost that stipend some, but that's basically what the salary consists of.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:03 AM, WaveGoodbye said:

Gotcha.  Well….  I know Blade has won a couple championships at Hboro and Indy, but I worry about his last several years.   After his runner-up year in 2016, his records were as follows:   6-6, 6-6, 7-5, 7-3, and 4-7.  Not great.  

In my opinion, the win-loss records don’t tell the whole story there. Williamson County has changed a lot over the years and there are so many schools here that it has ebbed and flowed a lot just due to how good Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, and Centennial have all been at different times.   

Also, after his 2015 and 2016 teams, Summit being right down the road affected the zone lines a little bit. They started getting the most talented kids in that area more recently. 

As long as he could bring in a good staff with him to Gallatin I think he could do a really good job there.

2 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

In my opinion, the win-loss records don’t tell the whole story there. Williamson County has changed a lot over the years and there are so many schools here that it has ebbed and flowed a lot just due to how good Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, and Centennial have all been at different times.   

Also, after his 2015 and 2016 teams, Summit being right down the road affected the zone lines a little bit. They started getting the most talented kids in that area more recently. 

As long as he could bring in a good staff with him to Gallatin I think he could do a really good job there.

His record of that period of time could have been affected some by zoning to Summit but I fail to see how Ravenwood, Brentwood or Centennial have anything to do with it unless Williamson Co is completely open zoned and kids travelled that far to go to those nonadjacent schools.  

What is he doing now? 

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

His record of that period of time could have been affected some by zoning to Summit but I fail to see how Ravenwood, Brentwood or Centennial have anything to do with it unless Williamson Co is completely open zoned and kids travelled that far to go to those nonadjacent schools.  

What is he doing now? 

I apologize. I’ll try to clarify better. I just meant those schools had more talent the last few years. I don’t think it makes him a bad coach if Brentwood or Ravenwood just simply had better players and he couldn’t beat them.  I think a coach can only do so much if his team is not as talented as the team lined up across from him.  I heard he left education and coaching to take some time off and be with his family more. He may be ready to jump back in at a school with more talent and resources available.