Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

36 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I apologize. I’ll try to clarify better. I just meant those schools had more talent the last few years. I don’t think it makes him a bad coach if Brentwood or Ravenwood just simply had better players and he couldn’t beat them.  I think a coach can only do so much if his team is not as talented as the team lined up across from him.  I heard he left education and coaching to take some time off and be with his family more. He may be ready to jump back in at a school with more talent and resources available.

I think Blade is a good coach.  I just think there are 8-10 that are better than him that are realistic choices.  

46 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I apologize. I’ll try to clarify better. I just meant those schools had more talent the last few years. I don’t think it makes him a bad coach if Brentwood or Ravenwood just simply had better players and he couldn’t beat them.  I think a coach can only do so much if his team is not as talented as the team lined up across from him.  I heard he left education and coaching to take some time off and be with his family more. He may be ready to jump back in at a school with more talent and resources available.

That’s true but he had more losses than just to those two during that span.  He had years with 6 losses twice, 5 losses and a 7 loss campaign.  Sounds more like something else.  I just don’t see him being the answer up here. I guess I could be wrong though

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WaveGoodbye said:

I think Blade is a good coach.  I just think there are 8-10 that are better than him that are realistic choices.  

I agree wholeheartedly. Blade is a good coach, but some of the names being thrown around are still better options. I bet Gallatin is going to get a better coach than Blade. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

I would be willing to bet they don’t get a better coach than Blade. Not being negative, but Blade is solid and has the trophies to show it. 

I think he lost the desire though.   4 years ago nobody thought Gallatin would get a good coach, what has changed in 4 years that now Gallatin can get an established one?  

Since nobody has responded to this in a while, and no names have really leaked...  I decided to do a list of potential candidates from East, Middle, and West TN.   Plus a couple others.

EAST:

Brad Waggoner, Gatlinburg-Pittman

Greg Ryan, Knoxville Catholic OC  (Greenback HC 2015-2020)

Hayden Chandley, David Crockett

Chris Brown, Baylor DC  (Red Bank HC 2018-2021)

Eddie Spradlen, Greeneville

MIDDLE:

Derek Rang, Lewis Co.

Adam Caine, Upperman

Jamaal Stewart, East Nashville

Thomas Osteen, Marshall Co.

Chase Brooks, E. Robertson

WEST:

Chris Smith, Haywood

JR Kirby, Covington

Bryant Hollingsworth, Lexington

MISSISSIPPI:

Scott Martin, Lafayette Middle School  (Charleston High School 2013-2019)

Carl Diffee, North Panola?  (Milan 2020-2021)

I realize some of these guys may not be realistic, but they are by no means ridiculous.  In any event, all of them possess great ability and have proven it on the sidelines at one point or another.

Edited by WaveGoodbye
added content

1 hour ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Since nobody has responded to this in a while, and no names have really leaked...  I decided to do a list of potential candidates from East, Middle, and West TN.   Plus a couple others.

EAST:

Brad Waggoner, Gatlinburg-Pittman

Greg Ryan, Knoxville Catholic OC  (Greenback HC 2015-2020)

Hayden Chandley, David Crockett

Chris Brown, Baylor DC  (Red Bank HC 2018-2021)

Eddie Spradlen, Greeneville

MIDDLE:

Derek Rang, Lewis Co.

Adam Caine, Upperman

Jamaal Stewart, East Nashville

Thomas Osteen, Marshall Co.

Chase Brooks, E. Robertson

WEST:

Chris Smith, Haywood

JR Kirby, Covington

Bryant Hollingsworth, Lexington

MISSISSIPPI:

Scott Martin, Lafayette Middle School  (Charleston High School 2013-2019)

Carl Diffee, North Panola?  (Milan 2020-2021)

I realize some of these guys may not be realistic, but they are by no means ridiculous.  In any event, all of them possess great ability and have proven it on the sidelines at one point or another.

Might as well remove Chase Brooks and Jamaal Stewart off that list. They're not taking the job.

14 minutes ago, WaveGoodbye said:

They both told you they weren't taking the Gallatin job?

They have told other high school coaches that. Jamaal has taken East Nash to back to back state games and is about to get a free turf field. Brooks went 11-2 in his first year and is pretty sold on their underclassmen and rising Freshman, as well as taking a new job would force his son to be at his 3rd school in three years. I don't understand why their names have been brought up so much. 

30 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

They have told other high school coaches that. Jamaal has taken East Nash to back to back state games and is about to get a free turf field. Brooks went 11-2 in his first year and is pretty sold on their underclassmen and rising Freshman, as well as taking a new job would force his son to be at his 3rd school in three years. I don't understand why their names have been brought up so much. 

So who are the coaches that they told??

Aren’t all turf fields free unless he actually takes money out of his pocket to help fund it?