Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

1 minute ago, runninblind said:

Totally agree with ya but dont think Creasy or Crabtree would leave were they are at ! Not sure Rankin would come out of retirement .

Rankin is not retired.  He’s at Boyd.  

Creasy could be looking for a pay raise.  He won big at Trousdale and has won big at Oakland.  It may be time for a new challenge.

Crabtree wouldn’t leave Beech for another Sumner County gig I would not guess.  Liberty Creek is about to take some Beech kids though so you never know.  

4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Creasy could be looking for a pay raise.  He won big at Trousdale and has won big at Oakland.  It may be time for a new challenge.

Crabtree wouldn’t leave Beech for another Sumner County gig I would not guess.  Liberty Creek is about to take some Beech kids though so you never know.  

I thought Rankin retired ! Oh well ! 

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Surely you don't seriously think Creasy would do that.

5 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Beech also drops to 5A next year, and they won’t have Gallatin on the schedule.   So who knows.  I would sell a kidney to get Creasy in Gallatin.

3 hours ago, weagle71 said:

Is it Kevin Long?

Definitely not. Kevin has too many ties to Beech, coaches the junior Bucs, and has a very successful career in insurance. Seeing talk about Crabtree and Creasy as well. Crabtree ain't leaving Beech, especially for another Sumner County school. The only way Creasy would leave Oakland is for out of state or private and doubt that would happen until his son is out of high school. Rankin is at Boyd Buchanan in Chattanooga. Heard rumors of Scott Blade and I was not expecting to hear that name. I've seen Kirkwood has already announced some assistant coaches and Watson is taking some assistants from Gallatin with him. 

1 hour ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Beech also drops to 5A next year, and they won’t have Gallatin on the schedule.   So who knows.  I would sell a kidney to get Creasy in Gallatin.

Creasys right hand man from Oakland applied that won 6 titles with him at TC and Oakland, Don't know if he's got a shot but he definitely should get an interview in my opinion. Hes a prodigy of Creasy and he knows Creasys Offense inside and out. only negative is he doesn't have football HC experience. But has been HS Baseball HC at Lebanon and brought them out of the dumpster very quickly being the district coach of the year there in one year, so that tells me he can handle a program.  Was hoping that Trousdale was going to bring him back this year but obviously they are going to keep Clints son in the saddle. I'd love to see him at GHS and get a shot to bring the Wave back. Good luck on search!   

5 minutes ago, theGOODtheBADtheUGLY said:

Creasys right hand man from Oakland applied that won 6 titles with him at TC and Oakland, Don't know if he's got a shot but he definitely should get an interview in my opinion. Hes a prodigy of Creasy and he knows Creasys Offense inside and out. only negative is he doesn't have football HC experience. But has been HS Baseball HC at Lebanon and brought them out of the dumpster very quickly being the district coach of the year there in one year, so that tells me he can handle a program.  Was hoping that Trousdale was going to bring him back this year but obviously they are going to keep Clints son in the saddle. I'd love to see him at GHS and get a shot to bring the Wave back. Good luck on search!   

Trousdale needs to get rid of the last Satterfield and start over.. but we know that ain't gonna happen. What has interested me in this whole thing is Watson is promoting a "high paced, no huddle offense similar to what Tennessee does" at Kirkwood. He had the better athletes and ability to do it at Gallatin and never did.. confused me to say the least.