2023 Top Teams

EdForHeisman

12 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

After his performance in the semi i can’t say that’d City would miss him. Bad play calling all year. Players that should be on the field on the sideline. Players not playing the correct position. And absolutely no improvement from the beginning of the season to the end on penalties. That’s simply poor coaching. 11 penalties against McKenzie is unacceptable. He should have those kids more disciplined. City had championship talent but mediocre coaching all season. 

I'm still highly confused on having a state championship MVP on the sideline. It's like that episode of family guy. A boat is a boat but the mystery box could be anything it could even be a boat! Now switch boat for a MVP 

2 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'm still highly confused on having a state championship MVP on the sideline. It's like that episode of family guy. A boat is a boat but the mystery box could be anything it could even be a boat! Now switch boat for a MVP 

Made NO SENSE. Had #5. When he was out there on Offense at WR? Lined him up in shotgun and was good for 5-10yrds running up the middle. And yes why wasn’t their best athlete out there on Offense? Just puzzling to say the least. In 1A you gotta put your best 6 on the field playing both ways. heck a lot of 4-6A teams play their athletes on both sides. Johnson really squandered an opportunity. Had the talent. But didn’t use it appropriately. 

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Fayetteville may have had the best overall talent. In the top 3-4 divisions. I watched their McKenzie game and it was impressive. 

Moore County has Superman playing for them another year. They could go 15-0 with that offense. 

Moore Co is going to be really tough to beat.  If McKenzie gets to the quarters, we will have to travel there. We may leave on Thursday.  LOL

6 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Fayetteville may have had the best overall talent. In the top 3-4 divisions. I watched their McKenzie game and it was impressive. 

Moore County has Superman playing for them another year. They could go 15-0 with that offense. 

Fayetteville HAD the best athletes all over the field. Lack of preparation, discipline, (penalties), and poor coaching (bad play calling and player positioning) cost them a win. Congrats to McKenzie they had those bases covered with good coaching and pulled it out in the end. 

8 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Unless 2a is drastically awful I dont see City making a big run next year. They lose all their size and best players on defense and few studs on offense. City will still have athletes but they will struggle in the size department. City will slowly start falling off. Potential that the Head Coach could be headed back to Alabama for a head coaching spot in Decatur wouldn't be shocked if he takes if given to him. 

Yep he needs to leave they need a coaching staff that will keep there heads on track and get a weight room program that's serious and yes they will begin to drop off in the next 3 to 4 yrs

8 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

After his performance in the semi i can’t say that’d City would miss him. Bad play calling all year. Players that should be on the field on the sideline. Players not playing the correct position. And absolutely no improvement from the beginning of the season to the end on penalties. That’s simply poor coaching. 11 penalties against McKenzie is unacceptable. He should have those kids more disciplined. City had championship talent but mediocre coaching all season. 

Indeed no film studying the players not getting better they could have easily had 4 championships. the oc is terrible he has been to 3 different schools in 4yrs

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Fayetteville HAD the best athletes all over the field. Lack of preparation, discipline, (penalties), and poor coaching (bad play calling and player positioning) cost them a win. Congrats to McKenzie they had those bases covered with good coaching and pulled it out in the end. 

I don't think it is fair to keep thrashing the FC  coaches. Keep saying you have the best athletes all over the field but against McKenzie you really did not. Mck. had you matched athlete for athlete all over the field. The difference is 2 things FC just could not match what Cassidy brings to the table @ QB it is like having a coach on the field and having a kicking game.

42 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

I don't think it is fair to keep thrashing the FC  coaches. Keep saying you have the best athletes all over the field but against McKenzie you really did not. Mck. had you matched athlete for athlete all over the field. The difference is 2 things FC just could not match what Cassidy brings to the table @ QB it is like having a coach on the field and having a kicking game.

It may not be fair but I think its the truth when it comes to their coaching if you watch them you can tell they just depend on talent and aren't coached up in several areas of the game. I think the only reason it seemed Mckenzie matched them Ath for Ath is just because MCkenzie had enough sense to play their guys both ways.  No knock to Mckenzie they def had talent but I dont think they had it across the board like City. City left Jackson, Wilson, Mr.Football Finalist Thominson on the sideline on Offense besides when going for 2. Your best players cant sit out def guys of that caliber. I agree though Special Teams is a huge problem for City. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

explain how Fayetteville has 4 players on the East team for the East v West game. the only other school in the state at a glance with 4 is Oakland on the West. McKenzie has one, and it isn't even the Mr. Football.