East Nashville vs Alcoa missing thread???

crow6424

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

50 students separate Alcoa from 4A 250 students separate Maryville from Oakland and 300 students plus separate Maryville from twenty of the rest of 6A schools. Alcoa didn't grow into 4A or qualify largely due to the new Eagleton School who took on a decent size number of kids who would have paid tuition and went to Alcoa. Tuition students are down at Alcoa and this is why. A large number of kids are out for football at the new Eagleton School and where they came from I don't know. The county put a lot of money towards that program for a reason and a lot of it is to due with keeping their kids and not going over to their neighbors to play. Time will tell in the near future if this has the impact I think it will.

How many years have you been obsessed with Alcoa now? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrTwister said:

How many years have you been obsessed with Alcoa now? 

Know your friends well, know your enemies better. This week a good friend of mine who is a manager of a home exterior supplier that played football for Carter in the early 2000's called me Monday and ask me who Arconic was. I told him son that's the Aluminum Company of America, he replied well that's who's behind the cheap rent houses. He told me let's go to lunch one day and I'll tell you some stuff you won't believe. He said Carter is a very close community and those boy's that have been leaving to attend Alcoa's grandparents even went to Carter. Me personally I just enjoy setting back watching it and see how far some people will go to claim their the state champions over 48 other schools. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Know your friends well, know your enemies better. This week a good friend of mine who is a manager of a home exterior supplier that played football for Carter in the early 2000's called me Monday and ask me who Arconic was. I told him son that's the Aluminum Company of America, he replied well that's who's behind the cheap rent houses. He told me let's go to lunch one day and I'll tell you some stuff you won't believe. He said Carter is a very close community and those boy's that have been leaving to attend Alcoa's grandparents even went to Carter. Me personally I just enjoy setting back watching it and see how far some people will go to claim their the state champions over 48 other schools. 

428724683_fatkid12.jpg.dbc339c139e8a6dcd1b08b90fbc2a5f6.jpg

You got picked on a lot in school didn't ya? :lol:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

How many schools would Maryville be state champion over if they could win a state title. Not that they will any time soon, but just curious. 

52 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

How many schools would Maryville be state champion over if they could win a state title. Not that they will any time soon, but just curious. 

Same number as Alcoa except the odds are likely the 6A team winner 4 out of 5 years is the most dominant team. I've seen years I would have said the 5A team may be the best but I also have said many times going back to 3 classes was in all schools best interest but that won't happen because the TSSAA is going to do what's best for their interest while they suck the blood out of all these schools watching fans travel a hundred miles in order to play a district game.

Edited by BarneySox2007

On 12/8/2022 at 7:39 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

50 students separate Alcoa from 4A 250 students separate Maryville from Oakland and 300 students plus separate Maryville from twenty of the rest of 6A schools. Alcoa didn't grow into 4A or qualify largely due to the new Eagleton School who took on a decent size number of kids who would have paid tuition and went to Alcoa. Tuition students are down at Alcoa and this is why. A large number of kids are out for football at the new Eagleton School and where they came from I don't know. The county put a lot of money towards that program for a reason and a lot of it is to due with keeping their kids and not going over to their neighbors to play. Time will tell in the near future if this has the impact I think it will.

I like what you did there with the numbers. Let's see if it holds up.

Division I: Football

Six classes, split evenly.

Class No. of Schools Enrollment Range
1A 49 0-374
2A 49 375-541
3A 49 542-761
4A 49 762-1114
5A 49 1115-1496
6A 49

1497 and greater

117 Alcoa High School 655 3A
118 East Nashville Magnet School 657 3A

There are 27 schools with more students than Alcoa in 3A, and 18 schools with less students. As you can see, east Nashville is the closest in size to Alcoa.

256 William Blount High School 1605 6A
257 Maryville High School 1616 6A

There are 37 schools with more students than Maryville in 6A, and 11 schools with less students.

238 West High School 1444 5A

5A state champion West has 172 less students than Maryville and 789 more than Alcoa.

92 Tyner Academy 535 2A

And just for comparison, 2A state champion Tyner has 120 less students than Alcoa.

4 hours ago, white57strat said:

I like what you did there with the numbers. Let's see if it holds up.

Division I: Football

Six classes, split evenly.

Class No. of Schools Enrollment Range
1A 49 0-374
2A 49 375-541
3A 49 542-761
4A 49 762-1114
5A 49 1115-1496
6A 49

1497 and greater

117 Alcoa High School 655 3A
118 East Nashville Magnet School 657 3A

There are 27 schools with more students than Alcoa in 3A, and 18 schools with less students. As you can see, east Nashville is the closest in size to Alcoa.

256 William Blount High School 1605 6A
257 Maryville High School 1616 6A

There are 37 schools with more students than Maryville in 6A, and 11 schools with less students.

238 West High School 1444 5A

5A state champion West has 172 less students than Maryville and 789 more than Alcoa.

92 Tyner Academy 535 2A

And just for comparison, 2A state champion Tyner has 120 less students than Alcoa.

The number you list are from 2 years ago. This years numbers are:

image.thumb.png.bf4c145184adab1b56dafc6f6e404d75.png

Alcoa enrollment increased by 27 students.

image.thumb.png.f10856b58a86f1c70b90b36d7baa06bf.png

William Blount decreased by  49 students

image.thumb.png.18c641eabb50484c0f0cf00d2ee6e76e.png

Maryville enrollment increased by 102 students

image.thumb.png.67a72ff2d23e766db8f89691c4acb8c5.png

Heritage enrollment decreased by 269

Heritage numbers at the beginning of 2021:

image.thumb.png.2ec21a26543320213fa9b1e96c4e8a1c.png

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If you're going to be infatuated with alcoa, you should try and be a better liar at it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrTwister said:

If you're going to be infatuated with alcoa, you should try and be a better liar at it.

I don't get on here and say stuff I haven't heard from other people. Alcoa will always bring kids from other places which is great. Almost every kid that has won the best player in the state award has a county address. If your 70 players from 4A and pulling in all these great players from other areas isn't it time to grow some balls and play up a class instead of hiding in the bushes playing schools that have no financial means or the same resources to do so. You all should know better than that but you don't . Your more infatuated in the demise of Maryville which isn't happening. Just remember we have been in the final four for 23 years straight which is known as the Maryville Invitational. Instead of worrying about Maryville you better be focused on what's going on in Eagleton Village because part of your pipeline from Rockford has been rerouted to Cinema Drive.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't get on here and say stuff I haven't heard from other people.  Just remember we have been in the final four for 23 years straight which is known as the Maryville Invitational. Instead of worrying about Maryville you better be focused on what's going on in Eagleton Village because part of your pipeline from Rockford has been rerouted to Cinema Drive.

The numbers do not support your lie. 

Edited by BCsportsfan