Is any Class A team going to challenge McKenzie?

thetruth1

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

That is correct.  Expected return early February. Hopefully, back in time for tournaments. She apparently went for a rebound, came down, and hit the finger against the ball. 

Prayers to her for a speedy recovery. Congratulations on the football Gold Ball as well!! I watched it online. Great team. 

• Like 1

Hope she makes it back for McKenzie as soon as she is able. I knew something was off as I was listening to the Westview broadcast as she came out early in the 1st quarter they did not know what happened but I figured it was an injury of some sorts. They still gave Westview a battle w/o Davis says a lot about what kind of team they have.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:03 PM, thetruth1 said:

Just looking at the Lady Rebels performance so far it doesn’t seem like there are any class A teams that compare?  It does appear Huntland in Region 5 is off to a really good start so maybe the Lady Hornets will be able to challenge McKenzie

"Comparisons" are best made a little further into the season. Upper East portion of the state (way over here) still has Cloudland and Hampton and maybe a couple of others.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:20 PM, maddams said:

Wayne County has a PG with multiple NAIA offers and a 6’1 sophomore (?) with multiple D1 offers. They can play

Point is a good player. The young post I'm very impressed with. She has guard skills. But McKenzie with Davis is one of the best class A teams I've ever seen. They have 3 difference makers on that team. Wayne Co is good but they can't run with Mckenzie.

11 hours ago, RedDevil23 said:

McKenzie 69 Greenfield 54 tonight. Is that score accurate? That seems surprisingly close even with Davis out since Greenfield is down this year. 

Greenfield won the second and third quarter.  Briley Auvenshine had 14 points on the night.  1 in the 3rd and 13 in the 4th.  She was a machine in the 4th.  Kylie Reynolds had 30 points, and her Mikayla Reynolds had 15.  They are having to learn to play without Savannah right now.  I spoke with Savannah's Dad last night.  Worst case she is out 8 weeks.  Back in time for tournaments. He was hoping maybe 6 weeks.  She starts therapy next week and the cast comes off.  As it is well known, McKenzie is not deep on the bench.  Someone is gonna have to step in that can at minimum handle the ball, and let our scorers score.  McKenzie will probably drop some games in the regular season that they probably would not have.  All that matters is they are clicking come Februrary.  We shall see. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:50 AM, Croppygenius said:

Point is a good player. The young post I'm very impressed with. She has guard skills. But McKenzie with Davis is one of the best class A teams I've ever seen. They have 3 difference makers on that team. Wayne Co is good but they can't run with Mckenzie.

"Can't run with Mckenzie"? Remember, in the C'ship game, WC had 23 turnovers, with 17 points off of TO's, but still only lost by 4. Some of those young players that played in the C'ship game are showing already this season that they have matured with handling the ball.  No doubt, Mckenzie is going to turn any team they play over quite a bit b/c they do a great job with pressure, but IF WC cuts those TO's even in half and can get in their half-court sets, Mckenzie doesn't have anyone that can match up with Baugus. It will definitely be a fun game to watch if we get the rematch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hooplove said:

"Can't run with Mckenzie"? Remember, in the C'ship game, WC had 23 turnovers, with 17 points off of TO's, but still only lost by 4. Some of those young players that played in the C'ship game are showing already this season that they have matured with handling the ball.  No doubt, Mckenzie is going to turn any team they play over quite a bit b/c they do a great job with pressure, but IF WC cuts those TO's even in half and can get in their half-court sets, Mckenzie doesn't have anyone that can match up with Baugus. It will definitely be a fun game to watch if we get the rematch.

I remember watching that game. It seemed like McKenzie got tight in the 4th quarter and started playing not to lose instead of to win. First time being there, big moment, makes sense. I really didnt think game was as close as the final score. What does WC strength of schedule look like? Are they playing any teams similar to McKenzie that play that style? What games for WC will be worth watching going forward ? I'd like to watch them play some quality teams and get a good feel for them but I am not familiar with a lot of those schools so you'll have to tell me what games left I should try to catch on NFHS. Baugus definitely is good no doubt. I'm sure some other teams will emerge this season and challenge them both, there are lots of good basketball teams with tradition in A. It's just so early to tell much about anybody yet. I am looking forward to seeing how McKenzie fares with their brutal schedule ahead. They will definitely be battle tested by the end. Is Saturdays game on NFHS does anyone know? 

Edited by thebenchwarmer