Liberty Bowl For State Championship Games

YBsostupid

These games have been played in east Tennessee for how many years in a row now?  11, 12, 15?  It's past time for them to be held in the Liberty Bowl again.  That hasn't happened in more than 30 years now.  Having to travel and spend the night before the game in a hotel, with players this age, is a huge disadvantage.  Middle and east TN have not had to do that for decades.  Why can't the Liberty Bowl host them for a 10 year slot?

1 hour ago, YBsostupid said:

These games have been played in east Tennessee for how many years in a row now?  11, 12, 15?  It's past time for them to be held in the Liberty Bowl again.  That hasn't happened in more than 30 years now.  Having to travel and spend the night before the game in a hotel, with players this age, is a huge disadvantage.  Middle and east TN have not had to do that for decades.  Why can't the Liberty Bowl host them for a 10 year slot?

Memphis will never host state championships. I think it needs to be back in Nashville/ Vanderbilt. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

Memphis will never host state championships. I think it needs to be back in Nashville/ Vanderbilt. 

I would say there's a good chance it goes back to Nashville once the new stadium for the Titans is built. As for now, it's likely staying in Chattanooga, unless Cookeville decides to up their bid for the next cycle. I honestly liked the setup in Chattanooga pretty well, as the parking was fairly close and the facilities are nice. The only thing about Cookeville I prefer is the drive (1 hour for me vs 2.5 hours to Chattanooga).