Liberty Bowl For State Championship Games

YBsostupid

I'm against Nashville, unless they are going to guarantee hotel rates for teams at a discounted rate, as paying weekend rates for a football team can really start to add for a lot of programs. For most teams that are not driving east on I-24 or north on I-65, Clarksville really isn't much farther than Murfreesboro. Definitely wouldn't be opposed to Clarksville. T

UTM would be excellent.  Lots of parking.  Artificial turf.  I'm sure all these east and middle TN posters will find plenty negative to say about Martin to.  They enjoy their advantage of not having to stay in a hotel the night before the game.  30-35-40 years since west Tennessee hosted it.  I didn't complain when it was at Vanderbilt and then Murfressboro.  I figured that was fair enough.  Then the past what, 10 years in Cookeville and now Chattanooga.  No, that doesn't pass the smell test.  I'll switch my imaginary vote to UTM.  

On 12/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Please be kind! Memphis is an amazing city with tradition and lots of culture! Something that some cities don't have anymore.   Just be kind!

People are jerks. They do not realize that their words have meaningful impacts on perceptions and opinions about places. The game have been held on the other side of the state for the past few years, I would love to see them being held on other end of the state. I think folks on the other end of the state forget how long our state is. 

Also, I like the idea of them being held in the central part of the state so that no one is out too much. The Nashville area only makes sense... What do I know?????

The new soccer stadium in Nashville, Geodis Park, is an obvious answer if it's available. It's centrally located in the state, easily accessible in the city, and far nicer than anything else in the state, including having a roof over the seating areas. With a capacity of 30,000, it's also a reasonable size. Bigger stadiums would make the crowds these days just look sad.

2 hours ago, GG22 said:

The new soccer stadium in Nashville, Geodis Park, is an obvious answer if it's available. It's centrally located in the state, easily accessible in the city, and far nicer than anything else in the state, including having a roof over the seating areas. With a capacity of 30,000, it's also a reasonable size. Bigger stadiums would make the crowds these days just look sad.

I’m sure there would be more fans at the championships in Vandy stadium than Vandys typical home games not involving UT

On 12/3/2022 at 7:29 PM, YBsostupid said:

These games have been played in east Tennessee for how many years in a row now?  11, 12, 15?  It's past time for them to be held in the Liberty Bowl again.  That hasn't happened in more than 30 years now.  Having to travel and spend the night before the game in a hotel, with players this age, is a huge disadvantage.  Middle and east TN have not had to do that for decades.  Why can't the Liberty Bowl host them for a 10 year slot?

Dude if you consider Cookeville "East" Tennessee, and using that as means of justification to move the championship potentially 500+ miles away from certain parts of the state, that's pretty darn out of touch.  

Throwing Memphis out as an "answer" to Chattanooga is ludicrous. When they hold the Blue Cross Bowl in Bristol, get back to me with the Memphis suggestion.

Edited by crazzyness
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:07 AM, VOLnWTN said:

100% agree on Murfreesboro.  They have the hotel space and it is centrally located.  Nashville has it as well, but the hotel rates would be astronomical unless you stayed outside if the city.  

Well that's true but hotels are less of a necessity if the game is centrally located though.