2A R6 Favorite 2023

vandyfan1

1 minute ago, stangsby3 said:

No doubt there will be talent, but who is to say the new coach, if it happens, doesn't change up how we run our offense? Surely not if the coach is from within, but if they grab someone from the outside, it's possible. That could definitely cause some problems especially if they aren't prepared come game time. Just speculation at this point until we hear anything official. But to your point, the puppies will be lucky to finish 3rd behind us and the Panthers. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

As an indicator of how tough this new region is, Riverside is bringing back 90% of its state runner up team and will have to scratch and claw to make it to the playoffs next season. 

I don’t think they will have any problem making the playoffs. There is a gap between the top 4 in this region and everyone else. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t think they will have any problem making the playoffs. There is a gap between the top 4 in this region and everyone else. 

You could almost say there’s a gap between the top four in this region and everyone else in the west

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

@horse made a comment that he had heard swenson was leaving, but nothing more was said. After talking with a few friends, we think Wallace might take over as head coach if he does leave. We have no idea though, just talk. They could very well look outside of the coaching staff to find someone, idk. I know he was only on a coaching contract this year, but how long can someone coach without being a teacher? I thought most schools required the coaching staff to be a teacher or hold some sort of capacity within the school system? I think with the new region, it's going to be tough with that change at head coach. 

It's not that difficult to coach without being otherwise employed by the system...fingerprints and background checks and years of prior service all have something to do with it. I could quote the rules, but haven't "updated" myself in a few years and something could have changed that I'm unaware of.

35 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

It's not that difficult to coach without being otherwise employed by the system...fingerprints and background checks and years of prior service all have something to do with it. I could quote the rules, but haven't "updated" myself in a few years and something could have changed that I'm unaware of.

Oh yea, I have no idea. It was a genuine question. I didn't think schools around here, especially the small classified schools allowed coaches to be contracted to athletics strictly. I understand there may be exceptions here and there, but didn't think it could be long term. Maybe I should read up on the rules myself. I say all this not to make it a big deal, just asking.