2022 Cleveland Duals

barbwire

47 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

This was supposed to be Bradleys year to beat cleveland. If it doesn’t happen this year, it’s gonna be a while before Bradley has an another shot. At least 6 years. Summit has some studs and matches up really well with Cleveland. Pete has those boys rolling up there. Salute to Summit.

Summit is really good.  I’d like to see Summit wrestle Bradley and Wilson Central.  I haven’t seen WC this year but from what I saw yesterday Summit is better than Bradley and Blackman. There were lots of good kids at the Duals including Desselle and others but the Crapps kid from Cass, GA is elite.  Just a whole other level.

22 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Summit is really good.  I’d like to see Summit wrestle Bradley and Wilson Central.  I haven’t seen WC this year but from what I saw yesterday Summit is better than Bradley and Blackman. There were lots of good kids at the Duals including Desselle and others but the Crapps kid from Cass, GA is elite.  Just a whole other level.

Does summit wrestle Bradley this year? My money would be on Summit. But i think Summit would handle Blackman easily. 

Just my observations from watching the Cleveland Duals:

1.  Cleveland:  While they may not be loaded with D1 talent they are a very strong TEAM up and down the lineup that will be difficult for anyone in Tennessee to beat.

2.  Bradley:  They have some solid kids but they do have some holes and will have problems with teams like Cleveland and Baylor

3.  Summitt:  a very good team from top to bottom with a couple of very talented wrestlers.

4.  Father Ryan:  They did beat Bradley at the Knoxville Catholic individual tournament but who knows at this point in the season.  They are capable of beating the average teams soundly but unless they get several kids back in the lineup it’s going to be a long season.  It’s difficult to compete for championships when you are forfeiting multiple weight classes.  It appears as if they have zero depth or they left kids at home.

Edited by cbg

Was doing a quick comparison between Summit and DB as things currently stand (it is so early, I know lineups change) and this is how I think it goes, DB wins 8 matches, Summit wins 6 matches.  How the matches are won will play a big role and I'm sure some strategy will come into play where weight is concerned (such as Finley trying to avoid Norman).   Seems like Summit, Wilson Central, Blackman, and DB are all going to be in the hunt for that top four finish.

106 DB (Pulizter) 

113 Summit (Masi)

120 DB (Mason Jakob)

126 DB (Titus Norman)

132 Summit (Jarvis Little)

138 Summit (Deselle)

145 Summit (Leach)

152 DB (Zhang)

160 DB (Norman)

170 DB (Dempsey)

182 DB (Burke)

195 Summit (Schreiber)

220 DB (Crowder)

285 Summit (Nieves)

Edited by oceansize42

36 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Was doing a quick comparison between Summit and DB as things currently stand (it is so early, I know lineups change) and this is how I think it goes, DB wins 8 matches, Summit wins 6 matches.  How the matches are won will play a big role and I'm sure some strategy will come into play where weight is concerned (such as Finley trying to avoid Norman).   Seems like Summit, Wilson Central, Blackman, and DB are all going to be in the hunt for that top four finish.

106 DB (Pulizter) 

113 Summit (Masi)

120 DB (Mason Jakob)

126 DB (Titus Norman)

132 Summit (Jarvis Little)

138 Summit (Deselle)

145 Summit (Leach)

152 DB (Zhang)

160 DB (Norman)

170 DB (Dempsey)

182 DB (Burke)

195 Summit (Schreiber)

220 DB (Crowder)

285 Summit (Nieves)

It will be interesting for sure. But that’s not Summit’s lineup and the lineup we saw yesterday isn’t the best lineup. Like you said lineups aren’t set, I’m sure DB has adjustments as well. Miller put kids in certain spots to see what they can handle and how they respond. 

Edited by desselle

Top 4 teams. 

1.  Cleveland - very good dual team and find a way to win. No holes in their lineup and the guys that aren’t stars do a good job of not giving up bonus points. 
2.  Bradley - definitely good and kept it close with Cleveland but not sure they would have beat Summit. 
3.  Summit - very solid team. I think they would have beat Bradley but not sure they can make up enough points to beat Cleveland. 
4. Father Ryan - definitely not as good as they were last year. Not sure they would have been in the top 4 had it not been for their weaker pool. I see they gave up 18 points on forfeits but not sure their starters that go in those spots could make up the points to beat any of the top 3 teams. 

31 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

Quick note on father ryan, Casen Roark would be a difference maker for that team, but is battling an injury. 

Summit and Cleveland looked like a one match swing. In another two months both teams may look one match different. 

It was a great early season weekend of wrestling in Cleveland. Great venue, and spot for high school wrestling. 

Bradley, Cleveland and Summit will be fun to watch all season! Some hammers in the lineup, and a lot of good matches heading into February. 

As previously mentioned, Ryan will hope to get a few guys healthy. Casen Roark (State Champ), Sawyer Rutherford (3rd place) and Tim Brunet (4th place) in the State Tournament last year did not wrestle and unfortunately two injuries to starters this weekend. (The forfeits we’re previously mentioned) No excuses in this sport, it is next wrestler up, but also reality they will have to develop depth, and hope the guys are healthy soon. The scheduled is loaded. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RaisingAbeast22 said:

Top 4 teams. 

1.  Cleveland - very good dual team and find a way to win. No holes in their lineup and the guys that aren’t stars do a good job of not giving up bonus points. 
2.  Bradley - definitely good and kept it close with Cleveland but not sure they would have beat Summit. 
3.  Summit - very solid team. I think they would have beat Bradley but not sure they can make up enough points to beat Cleveland. 
4. Father Ryan - definitely not as good as they were last year. Not sure they would have been in the top 4 had it not been for their weaker pool. I see they gave up 18 points on forfeits but not sure their starters that go in those spots could make up the points to beat any of the top 3 teams. 

If you ask both coaches they will say they left points on the table. I know Summit feels they left a bunch. 

On 12/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, desselle said:

It will be interesting for sure. But that’s not Summit’s lineup and the lineup we saw yesterday isn’t the best lineup. Like you said lineups aren’t set, I’m sure DB has adjustments as well. Miller put kids in certain spots to see what they can handle and how they respond. 

Curious what the best line up is for Summit?  Do they have guys out or just expect kids in different weight classes? Regardless, they are strong.

31 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Curious what the best line up is for Summit?  Do they have guys out or just expect kids in different weight classes? Regardless, they are strong.

I'm guessing simply moving kids up and down like everyone else.  Jarvis can go 126 and Finley could go 152 or 170.   There is no magic as we can all watch their roster on rank and track.  The days of surprising people are over.

Edited by oceansize42

16 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

I'm guessing simply moving kids up and down like everyone else.  Jarvis can go 126 and Finley could go 152 or 170.   There is no magic as we can all watch their roster on rank and track.  The days of surprising people are over.

OK … Jarvis went 126 and Finely went 160 (I think) at the Cleveland Duals.  I was thinking he was suggesting something significantly different with their lineup.