NIL

mondo44

5 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

No more than $100,000. Probably a bit less. Jefferson Co has a budget of around $75,000

That's Jeff County. lol.  Murvil has 130 players including frosh. I don't have to justify anything to you.  You got google,  do a little research there genius.  

I do know the operating budget at Oak Ridge and West High, both are north of $125,000.

Edited by oridgecat

5 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

No more than $100,000. Probably a bit less. Jefferson Co has a budget of around $75,000

It's not the 1980s and Jeff County doesn't play 14 or 15 games a year and have 125 or more kids in the program.  

Look, I was really close to the Maryville program for a 4 year period spanning GQ and DH.  I saw with my own eyes the amount of fundraising they have to do there to pay the bills.  I also saw them travel in far less than Premier Coach quality busses, saw the booster club people prepare meals for them to eat on the road rather than pay for a catering service or eat in restaurants to keep costs down, and the other areas that they tried to be frugal in to be able to stay within their means.  

You are just plain wrong on this one.  

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

It's not the 1980s and Jeff County doesn't play 14 or 15 games a year and have 125 or more kids in the program.  

Look, I was really close to the Maryville program for a 4 year period spanning GQ and DH.  I saw with my own eyes the amount of fundraising they have to do there to pay the bills.  I also saw them travel in far less than Premier Coach quality busses, saw the booster club people prepare meals for them to eat on the road rather than pay for a catering service or eat in restaurants to keep costs down, and the other areas that they tried to be frugal in to be able to stay within their means.  

You are just plain wrong on this one.  

Do the Rebs still have that purple bus?  That thing sure was a sight.   

And 1OP is wrong on a lot of things, but will never admit it.  

Edited by oridgecat

You'll get different numbers per coach based on the expectations of the school, booster club, county, administration and coaches.

Real questions that the answer varies from school to school:

How often do helmets and shoulder pads need to be replaced?  every year?  two years?  five years?

What works for a pre-game meal? Does each kid need a chicken breast and baked potato, or does a hamburger and bag of chips work just fine?

Theres probably a hundred questions just like that that affects the cost of season that the answer varies all over the state. 

Multiply the difference in the answers times 40 kids for small programs, 120 kids for large programs... Thats how you get such different budgets from school to school.

Edited by sx1234
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the way I see NIL in high school working is like this:  If you start ninth grade at our high school, I will "sponsor" you for $X per month as long as you are contributing to the team and in good academic standing.  In other words, it's simply going to turn into pay per play and be ungovernable.  In my opinion, this is a sad day for what I consider the last (semi) "pure" sport.   

• Like 1