South Pittsburg Pirates 2023

Southtowner

6 hours ago, team69 said:

And the year before the Coach bolted? 

Was that the covid game? Honestly it's not a big deal either way for me. I just remember Jones saying on TV he didn't want to schedule Jasper because they were on probation and was afraid of something happening in the game that would jeopardize their season. Is that not correct? 

5 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says Jasper has obviously split their britches. Ain’t difficult to see where the stink comes from. Dad Burnit, Is there another 3 high school county where 2 schools refuse to play the third? Appears Jailhouse High is the only one complaining while the others done put them as only a memory! 

I don't think Jasper is all that worried about it really. Whitwell and the Pirates wouldn't schedule in football so the administration at Jasper said they wouldn't play in any sport. I'd say the matchups are done for a while. Whitwell enrollment is growing so I figure in a few years they'll be 2A and in the same region and be forced to play. As for sp and Jasper when some of the old heads quit acting childish it will be back on. At least until there's consolidation (and that's coming for sure).

On 3/10/2023 at 6:32 PM, CoyDillard said:

I don't think Jasper is all that worried about it really. Whitwell and the Pirates wouldn't schedule in football so the administration at Jasper said they wouldn't play in any sport. I'd say the matchups are done for a while. Whitwell enrollment is growing so I figure in a few years they'll be 2A and in the same region and be forced to play. As for sp and Jasper when some of the old heads quit acting childish it will be back on. At least until there's consolidation (and that's coming for sure).

To be fair, your head coach was the bagman for Mac Mckrylon and krylongate, so there was some validity to Jones’ concern.

16 hours ago, rlh said:

To be fair, your head coach was the bagman for Mac Mckrylon and krylongate, so there was some validity to Jones’ concern.

Old Pirate says bottom line is simple. Two schools were wronged by Jailhouse High, both dropped them because reoccurring bad deeds on a long period of time. Both Whitwell & South Pittsburg are better off. Jasper will be better off after the crying stops. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, rlh said:

SP made up for it with the North Jackwagon game.

Old Pirate was against scheduling them fellers but they’s certainly better than dealing with Jailhouse High mess! Leastways, figure NJ learned a HEEP better manners by SP cutting ties way back. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

South Kimbrell and Jailhouse High had a good run. I enjoyed those games but as the old saying goes.. sometimes change is good for everyone. As well all know, things don’t stay the same forever.

How is the team looking? When does spring practice start?

Agree, don't see many crying from jasper.  Stone was smart not to want to renew, it's really a lose lose for him, especially after Victor dominated that series.

29 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Agree, don't see many crying from jasper.  Stone was smart not to want to renew, it's really a lose lose for him, especially after Victor dominated that series.

Either your not paying attention or a SP hater if you don't think their not many crying from jasper cause they are the only ones that even bring it up anymore, its old news.  Time to let it go.  Most folks that know the kids on each team, coaching staffs and common opponents would tell you real quick that the current state of the programs are not even close and based on the upcoming kids don't look like it will be close for the next several years, so its probably best that these two don't play for awhile although, I personally wish these two programs could get over what ever long standing issues they have between each other cause that game was a great series for the casual football fan that truly loves football around the Chattanooga area.