Greenback 2023

orngnblk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I realize the hard core of Greenback fans have jumped ship. Less than two weeks they will play in the Blount County Jamboree so most of what we want to know will be on display for all to see. Wish I knew what to say because one good coach had pulled their name out of the hat last winter for some odd reason and the one they hire resigned so something is wrong for that to happen. To turn away a guy because he don't fit your needs who once took this program to a level it's never been since 1987 says a lot about the people that are running the place and may explain why the other coach resigned. Can't wait for the jamboree.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

How did it go?

Talked to a friend of mine from Cleveland has a Grandson at Walker Valley so second hand info.Walker Valley won the scrimmage as they should have.Sweetwater is in a total rebuild after their quarterfinals run last year and didn't look too good.Greenback Held Walker Valley to one score but he said Greenbacks offense looks bad.So sounds kinda like the past couple years for Greenback.Dissapointing for sure.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Talked to a friend of mine from Cleveland has a Grandson at Walker Valley so second hand info.Walker Valley won the scrimmage as they should have.Sweetwater is in a total rebuild after their quarterfinals run last year and didn't look too good.Greenback Held Walker Valley to one score but he said Greenbacks offense looks bad.So sounds kinda like the past couple years for Greenback.Dissapointing for sure.

I hate it when defense dose well and offense is nonexistent. It's like sitting down for two hours watching a moth climb a drape.

8 hours ago, Fanofballs365 said:

You guys/gals realize that this is just scrimmages and a lot of coaches do not show what they have until the season starts. I would never want to be the coach at GB the way you guys are a lynch mob.

I went to a 7 on 7 game last year in July at Maryville and told everyone afterward they were in deep trouble and everybody thought I was crazy until they they went down to Cleveland and got upset by a middle of the road team that didn't even make the playoffs which is pretty hard to do nowdays.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I went to a 7 on 7 game last year in July at Maryville and told everyone afterward they were in deep trouble and everybody thought I was crazy until they they went down to Cleveland and got upset by a middle of the road team that didn't even make the playoffs which is pretty hard to do nowdays.

Deep trouble? They went to the semi-finals again. They also had a ton of injuries to deal with during the regular season. 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Deep trouble? They went to the semi-finals again. They also had a ton of injuries to deal with during the regular season. 

No they lost their best player last year running him to death because the passing game was non existent. When somebody throws 5 interceptions in a 7 on 7 tag football game you know what's in store when they suit up in uniforms. The receivers were just as much at fault because they couldn't break away. That in itself let everyone know to key on the run because even Maryville coaches knew it was snake bit on passing. It did improve some down the stretch but they never threw it long because they knew it would be a wasted play. Still proud how they did pick up the pieces and get to the finals. Scores don't matter in a scrimmage but there are signs you can tell if you know the game well enough. That's all.