Greenback 2023

orngnblk

On 2/9/2023 at 2:42 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Before Hardin Valley got a new turf field it looked like it was mowed by cattle. The whole center of the field was bald from one goal line to the other.

That’s quite an understatement. There were a lot of problems with the Old grass field. I never watched a football game, but I did watch a few soccer games on the football field, and it was like straight from a cartoon, every time I went, it got worse and worse. I don’t think they had anybody hired to take care of it. At least I hope not because, good God, if they did, they did a terrible job, but I’m pretty sure it was an open field before the School was there, so they didn’t do anything to the land that was there, they just put some lines on it and called it a football field. They didn't pave it, they didn't do anything to prepare it, as common sense will tell you. That’s a bad idea, it was always so muddy, and holes were everywhere. Cleats never stuck after it rained, they would just sink. It was a really bad field. I don't know how much it cost Hardham Valley unless it was free, but they did themselves a good thing by getting a turf field.

1 hour ago, Elias287 said:

That’s quite an understatement. There were a lot of problems with the Old grass field. I never watched a football game, but I did watch a few soccer games on the football field, and it was like straight from a cartoon, every time I went, it got worse and worse. I don’t think they had anybody hired to take care of it. At least I hope not because, good God, if they did, they did a terrible job, but I’m pretty sure it was an open field before the School was there, so they didn’t do anything to the land that was there, they just put some lines on it and called it a football field. They didn't pave it, they didn't do anything to prepare it, as common sense will tell you. That’s a bad idea, it was always so muddy, and holes were everywhere. Cleats never stuck after it rained, they would just sink. It was a really bad field. I don't know how much it cost Hardham Valley unless it was free, but they did themselves a good thing by getting a turf field.

Worst field I had ever seen and I've seen a lot.

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No they lost their best player last year running him to death because the passing game was non existent. When somebody throws 5 interceptions in a 7 on 7 tag football game you know what's in store when they suit up in uniforms. The receivers were just as much at fault because they couldn't break away. That in itself let everyone know to key on the run because even Maryville coaches knew it was snake bit on passing. It did improve some down the stretch but they never threw it long because they knew it would be a wasted play. Still proud how they did pick up the pieces and get to the finals. Scores don't matter in a scrimmage but there are signs you can tell if you know the game well enough. That's all.

I'd agree with what you are trying to say. You can tell when your team has competitive athletes in whatever positions you see them play. At least that's what I think you are saying. 

33 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I'd agree with what you are trying to say. You can tell when your team has competitive athletes in whatever positions you see them play. At least that's what I think you are saying. 

Yes sir, you can tell. I left there that day thinking the other team ( Anderson County ) came here for business and our kids looked like they weren't ready to give up the swimming pools and lakes with their girlfriends quiet yet. That was the only time last year I seen them throw it long and hit the receiver in stride and never saw it again the whole season long.