Greenback 2023

orngnblk

Have a lot of good friends and close ties in Greenback that are caught in the middle and fear sharing their voice due to the positions they hold but I can assure I heard the same names and exact stories from everyone of them. Most wanted their old coach back but due to dirty politicians and the good ole boy system that can't be. I could of slung some real dirt on here with what all I have been told but no need to go there. I have absoluty nothing against the new hire but only how it was arranged. A lot of wasted time with the late night emergency meeting over the football situation if your just going from the oven to the frying pan.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Have a lot of good friends and close ties in Greenback that are caught in the middle and fear sharing their voice due to the positions they hold but I can assure I heard the same names and exact stories from everyone of them. Most wanted their old coach back but due to dirty politicians and the good ole boy system that can't be. I could of slung some real dirt on here with what all I have been told but no need to go there. I have absoluty nothing against the new hire but only how it was arranged. A lot of wasted time with the late night emergency meeting over the football situation if your just going from the oven to the frying pan.

That's the "collateral damage" done when there's a hidden agenda Barney. The new coach may be a great guy and a good coach with the potential to be a solid hire, but the situation that he's been inserted into stacks the deck against him through no fault of his own. Not saying he's guaranteed to fail, just that the support won't be the same that it would have been if he was everyone's choice to lead the program at best, and that the community will be waiting for him to fail at worst. Lot's of coaches are hired with "big shoes to fill", but being compared to past accomplishments is not as bad as being compared to the expectations of "what could have been".

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's the "collateral damage" done when there's a hidden agenda Barney. The new coach may be a great guy and a good coach with the potential to be a solid hire, but the situation that he's been inserted into stacks the deck against him through no fault of his own. Not saying he's guaranteed to fail, just that the support won't be the same that it would have been if he was everyone's choice to lead the program at best, and that the community will be waiting for him to fail at worst. Lot's of coaches are hired with "big shoes to fill", but being compared to past accomplishments is not as bad as being compared to the expectations of "what could have been".

I ran into one of the players dad Friday morning and we talked about the situation and he sort of shook his head about the hire and said his biggest concern was that Greenback has attracted a good handful of kids pretty regularly out of Blount County over the years and a few other surrounding areas that may have come to an end. He told he expected the kids that have been playing will still come back out for football. I guess the big shocker was that they bypassed a coach who took them to the state for someone who has never been a head coach at all. The three that voted for the new coach and the A.D. who voted for Seymour's ex coach who had a 3-8 record last year really sealed Ryan's faith. You would think Ryan had put Atomic Bomb in all four of those people's underware and give them a wedgie the way they did him. Hope the new guy well though and move on to another chapter.