Coffee co?

Nontypical

7 hours ago, ScottyP said:

And I'm just saying that Cleveland, Bearden, Blackman, and Bradley Central all play similar schedules as Coffee where they play maybe 2-3 top teams a year. Cleveland and Bradley are fortunate enough to have been in the same competitive district, which is how 8-AAA used to be in the 80's and 90's before wealth and the economy changed how to approach competitiveness in athletics. Next year, Cleveland and Bradley won't be in the same district, which will likely impact their strength of schedules moving forward even if they play each other out of district.

Dude you aren't talking about Howard.  Coffee County is talented.  Just admit they should have ramped up their schedule to be battle tested at tournament time.

2 hours ago, ScottyP said:

True, but it is a fact that wealth has a direct correlation with success, which includes success in athletics. We see it at a much more broader level with collegiate sports, but it is prevalent in local prep sports as well.

Coffee County can beat everybody in their district in girl's hoops just like Troy State football can effortlessly mow down the Sun Belt Conference. But when Troy takes on the wealthier more privileged schools of the $EC suddenly they aren't winning those matchups as often as they would in their own lesser socioeconomic level of an athletic conference.

Just stop!  Some of the poorest athletes and families in the state are the best players in the state on the best teams.  Fielding a 10-15 player basketball team doesn’t take a lot of money.   There has been plenty of times in the past when teams like Clarkrange and Jackson County has came in and whipped Cookeville’s butt.  You can’t buy heart, effort, and determination.   Go watch Hoosiers a few time and maybe you will understand.  .  

• Like 2

That's easy for you to say with 90,000+ people in Putnam County with a Division 1 4-year university in your backyard.

It's been nearly 19 years since a state title was won in Tennessee's largest class in girl's basketball by a school outside of the counties with over 100,000 residents currently. In the 1990's Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Coffee County, and White County all won state titles in the sport in the span of a decade. Now, nearly 20 years later none of these schools can barely make it to state sectionals. Lawrence and White are blessed to be in a lower class now, so they actually have a chance.

So what changed over the last 20 years to keep these other programs from being state title contenders if it wasn't wealth from urbanized taxation and economy strength in larger cities and suburbs?

Sincere question. How many schools play in the largest classification and sit outside the counties you listed?

That's easy for you to say with 90,000+ people in Putnam County with a Division 1 4-year university in your backyard.

It's been nearly 19 years since a state title was won in Tennessee's largest class in girl's basketball by a school outside of the counties with over 100,000 residents currently. In the 1990's Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Coffee County, and White County all won state titles in the sport in the span of a decade. Now, nearly 20 years later none of these schools can barely make it to state sectionals. Lawrence and White are blessed to be in a lower class now, so they actually have a chance.

So what changed over the last 20 years to keep these other programs from being state title contenders if it wasn't wealth from urbanized taxation and economy strength in larger cities and suburbs?

Didn’t a school from the same county and the same basketball district as the lady raiders make it to a sectional game a couple years ago?  please stop with your reasoning, you are ranked second in the state and should make an appearance in Murfreesboro if nobody gets hurt.  Good luck to your team the rest of the way ScottyP

16 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Lady Cavs Fan. . Don’t waste your time with Scotty P. He’s hung up on cattle farming and the “privileged white class”. He is apparently suffering from a mental illness and he should be empathized rather than ridiculed. Even tho some of his comments are absolutely absurd and ridiculous what else can you expect from a man who didn’t achieve The American Dream and have a life better than his parents. He’s probably living hand to mouth paycheck to paycheck and obviously “believes” that the rich control everything including HS Sports. He has a deep seated hatred of “white privilege” because he’s a Loser Himself. So he wants to blame his failure on the success of others. Sad to say the least. Scotty it’s painfully apparent that you need help to deal with the pathetic state of your Life. I’m here for you. Because you’re obviously alone and i would certainly welcome your friendship. Just let me know if I can help bud. Try to take it easy on the kids, wife, and family pets if you have too much to drink. And maybe you can relax watching your fav kid site online if it makes you feel better. Regardless take a step in the right direction because God loves You. 

It's not to that level.  Just want a logical response on their strength of schedule as a top AAAA team in the state and no response has been given.

7 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Well, let's take a look.

Screenshot_20230115_235557

Well, starting in 2023 you will have:

Morristown-East

Morristown-West

Campbell County

McMinn County

Rhea County

Cookeville

Coffee County

Lincoln County

Shelbyville

Warren County

Springfield

Dickson County

Henry County

And Cookeville, because of Tennessee Tech and their near 100,000+ Putnam County population, has the best chance of winning state of any school on this list.

So Coffee doesn't play good teams because they are too poor?

10 hours ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

Didn’t a school from the same county and the same basketball district as the lady raiders make it to a sectional game a couple years ago?  please stop with your reasoning, you are ranked second in the state and should make an appearance in Murfreesboro if nobody gets hurt.  Good luck to your team the rest of the way ScottyP

Yes we made a sectional a few years ago after Coffee Co had beaten us by 80 in 3 games. The only reason we made it is because Oakland upset Blackman and put them in Coffee's bracket. Coifee had already beat Oakland by double digits that year. I'm a realist and yes we made a sectional but Coffee was way better than us that year and caught a horrible break. Bradley, Blackman, Coffee, Cleveland and even Warren have a chance to go to the boro this year, to say coffee should be in the boro is ridiculous, Bradley to me is the best team and then Coffee and Blackman is a dead heat. All 3 are very very good teams. In order to make state Coffee will need to beat Warren in district championship, Cleveland in semis, bradley in finals and then Blackman in substate, very possible but not likely, odds say you will have a bad shooting night 1 game in 4. Hardest road to the state in TN. Coffee beat Lincoln by 50 and in my opinion Lincoln has a better chance of making state than Coffee. I also agree the numbers thing is irrelevant, you need 7 girls to play basketball so numbers don't matter. I do think a lot of kids dodge 4a basketball. D-1 players drive by Cookeville to go to Upperman. People turn down the Riverdale job to keep their kid in smaller easier divisions, Some people are happy winning the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, that's just today's mentality!!!!

5 hours ago, Tully123 said:

Yes we made a sectional a few years ago after Coffee Co had beaten us by 80 in 3 games. The only reason we made it is because Oakland upset Blackman and put them in Coffee's bracket. Coifee had already beat Oakland by double digits that year. I'm a realist and yes we made a sectional but Coffee was way better than us that year and caught a horrible break. Bradley, Blackman, Coffee, Cleveland and even Warren have a chance to go to the boro this year, to say coffee should be in the boro is ridiculous, Bradley to me is the best team and then Coffee and Blackman is a dead heat. All 3 are very very good teams. In order to make state Coffee will need to beat Warren in district championship, Cleveland in semis, bradley in finals and then Blackman in substate, very possible but not likely, odds say you will have a bad shooting night 1 game in 4. Hardest road to the state in TN. Coffee beat Lincoln by 50 and in my opinion Lincoln has a better chance of making state than Coffee. I also agree the numbers thing is irrelevant, you need 7 girls to play basketball so numbers don't matter. I do think a lot of kids dodge 4a basketball. D-1 players drive by Cookeville to go to Upperman. People turn down the Riverdale job to keep their kid in smaller easier divisions, Some people are happy winning the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, that's just today's mentality!!!!

Coffee County will sweep their district and district tournament.  They should win the region and can beat Blackman as they have already proven so I do not think Cleveland or Bradley will put a lot of fear in them.  

Edited by MidTennBballObserver

38 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Not as privileged and not as urban. The only way Coffee as a rural school would ever stand a shot at winning state again is for the school to go private.

I don't understand why they should have to travel outside of Middle Tennessee to play 95% of their non-conference schedule to appease white-privileged individuals like yourself when no one else is doing the same including your schools in Bradley County, who rarely play outside of East Tennessee.

You are making yourself look like a fool.  Coffee County has a very good chance to win state THIS YEAR.  They have already beaten IMO the #1 team in the state in Blackman.   Just crawl back under that rock already.....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Just stop!  Some of the poorest athletes and families in the state are the best players in the state on the best teams.  Fielding a 10-15 player basketball team doesn’t take a lot of money.   There has been plenty of times in the past when teams like Clarkrange and Jackson County has came in and whipped Cookeville’s butt.  You can’t buy heart, effort, and determination.   Go watch Hoosiers a few time and maybe you will understand.  .  

I never thought id agree with ladycav on anything but i do on this!