Coffee co?

Nontypical

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

I think you can get the ball down low with good ball movement and picks. Not necessarily forcing it. It also slows the tempo down. Especially when you are within a score or two. I realize they were down their best shooter as well. which make a difference in how you have to play. 

Seems simple with one day of prep.  I do know this... Cleveland played a defense last night that they haven't played a single possession of all season.

26 minutes ago, coachinhoops said:

Seems simple with one day of prep.  I do know this... Cleveland played a defense last night that they haven't played a single possession of all season.

I guess I see things differently . I think you prep all season long. Surely the Coach and team ran different offensive structurers and ran variables in practice scenarios.  He is a good coach and I am sure he did not prepare for one style of defense all year long. I looked to me like it was pure fundamentals that was the difference 

31 minutes ago, coachinhoops said:

You're making his point even more, it sounds like they were out coached by Cleveland.  Cleveland comes in with a Defense they haven't ran all year (Maybe have ran it in practice all year and didn't bring it out until it mattered) and CC didn't adjust to it and didn't know what to do if your bringing that up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I think you can get the ball down low with good ball movement and picks. Not necessarily forcing it. It also slows the tempo down. Especially when you are within a score or two. I realize they were down their best shooter as well. which make a difference in how you have to play. 

I'm sure that Coffee had every intention to pound it inside, as I'm sure that Cleveland probably made it a priority to keep it out of the post.  My point is It's always easy to be critical after you already know the outcome.  

14 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

Anyone that gets on here and bashes coaches needs stop and think about how much this stuff actually means to them.  Coach Cope had his team prepared tonight and shots just didn't fall.  Is that on him as a coach?  It's not on the players either.  Sometimes you just miss.

That was a game between two really good teams competing at a high level.  One made shots and one didn't.  It's a make or miss game and coaching is sometimes very over rated.  Not to mention Coffee played without one of their best shooters tonight.  Cleveland had kids step up...It's that simple. Congratulations Coffee County on an incredible season.

I understand what you are saying, but I would have forced action to an advantage, the inside.  They would have had no answer for #44 touching the ball at the block every series.  

This is the same coach that scheduled Coffee County to play in 1A preseason tourneys then party in the lobby after they beat the 1A teams. Lol. Good coaches don't trophy hunt, they prepare by playing better teams. The most talented team in the state in their classification and nothing to show for it.......

On 3/6/2023 at 6:20 AM, phil24 said:

This is the same coach that scheduled Coffee County to play in 1A preseason tourneys then party in the lobby after they beat the 1A teams. Lol. Good coaches don't trophy hunt, they prepare by playing better teams. The most talented team in the state in their classification and nothing to show for it.......

I would have to disagree strongly as to them being the most talented team in the state in their classification.

On 3/6/2023 at 5:20 AM, phil24 said:

Well, you sure are a special kind of stupid, aren't you? I don't know what it's going to take to get you oblivious idiots to understand that higher population growth rate, wealth from taxes, and paying high dollar figures in strength & conditioning programs like the larger suburban schools have is the key difference in winning championships. The schedules mean jack squat. You will never see a school in a smaller county win the state title in Class 4A ever again. My promise to God.

Rate of Population Growth (1970-2020):

Williamson County 612.7%

Rutherford County 470.8%

Putnam County 128.0%

Bradley County 115.1%

Coffee County 76.9%

Edited by JustTheFactsMan