Blackman

MidTennFootball

23 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Yes I am friends with Tygard, but I am also friends with Kit Hartsfield. David Watson and was a very loyal Shadowens supporter and publicly fought to keep him, and have a better understanding of what actually happened with him. That said. I The parents complaining today, have no clue where the culture was prior to Tygard. I don't blame Kit or David either one. but discipline was waning in favor of keeping the best players on the field, Winning trumps everything. even though that is not their personal viewpoint but rather the expectation. 

Tygard was fortunate that his best players were also good leaders. I can tell you I heard a hand full of complaints, but the vast majority all tied back to "we aren't building depth" code for my son is not getting enough playing time. True enough Tygard played his best players and sometimes that was both ways. You want playing time ? Get better.... nobody owes you. That is part of the too soft culture that was existent when he took the helm. You don't get junkyard dog by spoon feeding your puppies..... 

I agree with you there. The things that Shad allowed JJ to get away with and didn't bench him is staggering. 

8 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

This thread is wild! Yall are asking for a coach to come in and trend the same direction as Tygard? NEWS FLASH HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING IN HIS TENURE! Its the same results, 5-5 season 10-3 season , post about BLAZE FAST OFFENSE , WHO IS TIMING IT ?? and its not hard coaching the talent he had fellas. Do you care about the dog and pony show or changing the culture! Their kids post and care about highlights because their leader was always on social media talking bout some kind of crap. It starts from the top.The program hasnt been the same since Shad left . That team had some fight and attitude and thats what they need to get back to. Pick the right coach not the politician. None of those names mentioned wow me at all but RUCO is going to have to step it up .  Woods is the most successful of the final 3 but you cant tell me there wasnt better option for this job.

What kids were posting a bunch of highlights? Let’s be real Tygard had a lot of haters in the boro because of his ties. Explain the talent the coming prior to his first season? I’m guessing he didn’t have a mark on anything that happened. Who cares he posted on twitter that’s how you get people interested in the team, too many old grumpy hating parents and coaches for me. This is what’s wrong with Blackman football it’s entitled folks speaking down on everything, I’m not going to name the two schools but I watched two different schools trot out multiple juniors and seniors during jv games vs Blackman this past season lol! Dude had the whole town hating on him. 

Edited by arshad221

37-38?? But they need stability moving forward so I understand. Unfortunately you’re playing for 2nd place in this district anyway. I think it makes sense, and the RuCo ties help. But 37-38? Probably could’ve done better, but the previous coach made them select safe! We’ll see. And don’t get in your feelings about this post, not knocking K at all. Honestly think that’s what that program needs right now

8 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

37-38?? But they need stability moving forward so I understand. Unfortunately you’re playing for 2nd place in this district anyway. I think it makes sense, and the RuCo ties help. But 37-38? Probably could’ve done better, but the previous coach made them select safe! We’ll see. And don’t get in your feelings about this post, not knocking K at all. Honestly think that’s what that program needs right now

54-42 when you include his time at Forrest. Understand the concern, but I agree with you, he's who is needed at Blackman right now. Hopefully he can get the youth program, middle school, and high school in alignment. It might take a year or two, but If he can, watch out. 

• Upvote 1