Blackman

MidTennFootball

3 hours ago, SLBK said:

Well Green Hill moved up to 6A and will match up with the Murfreesboro region in the playoffs. Cane Ridge goes West in the playoffs and has a good chance to make the finals from the west if they can make it through the Williamson County teams. And centennial dropped to 5A so they could definitely make some noise with a good team.

The biggest thing for me is it seems like the pressure to win and win more quickly will be higher Blackman then at any of their current positions.

In my opinion, even with Page and Nolensville, the new 5A Centennial is dropping down to is more manageable then the all Williamson region and 6A. The pathway to state in the playoffs is also traditionally weakest then 6A. 

I forgot Green Hill is moving up to 6A. That changes my opinion a little bit with him. I think he has the leadership qualities to do the job and be successful at Blackman if he wanted the challenge. 

Cane Ridge has an easier region in the regular season and the pathway to state is easier than it would be at Blackman.

Having said all of that, Blackman also provides some resources some of these other schools don’t. I don’t think any of these guys are wrong for wanting the job and I think they would all do a really good job. I was just surprised. 

1 hour ago, TheLiaison said:

Won’t be a pay cut

He's also the AD at Centennial, so it will be

24 minutes ago, TheLiaison said:

Head coach supplement in RuCo is 22%. Willco is 17%. AD supplement in Willco is $4000. Teaching salary is identical. If it is a paycut, it’s not a big one. And is significantly less work and time. 

It's close. The last sentence is definitely true with there not being an athletic period in Willco

Edited by MidStateFan1
a

Nothing confirmed, but either smith or Kreisky. K is the “safe” pick because of his RuCo background. Plus he’s getting the backing of area coaches. But again, this is all hearsay. They need to get this right, because  Blackman can become the new Siegel of Football in this area. Also Siegel is quietly building something over there.

2 hours ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Nothing confirmed, but either smith or Kreisky. K is the “safe” pick because of his RuCo background. Plus he’s getting the backing of area coaches. But again, this is all hearsay. They need to get this right, because  Blackman can become the new Siegel of Football in this area. Also Siegel is quietly building something over there.

Not doubting the information, just curious.. why would Kriesky be one of the top candidates for this job?

28 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Not doubting the information, just curious.. why would Kriesky be one of the top candidates for this job?

He’s got experience and has had some success as a HC. But IMO, the relationships make him top candidate. These RuCo football roots are very deep. Again, this is a message board ,so these are opinions and hearsay . 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

He’s got experience and has had some success as a HC. But IMO, the relationships make him top candidate. These RuCo football roots are very deep. Again, this is a message board ,so these are opinions and hearsay . 

Agree. K is the safer more comfortable choice since he has had "some" success at Centennial, nothing earth shattering. Blackman has more resources.  He's been in Middle TN for a while and has developed a lot of relationships. Smith has a great record at Haywood, but it's west TN in a smaller classification.

12 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Agree. K is the safer more comfortable choice since he has had "some" success at Centennial, nothing earth shattering. Blackman has more resources.  He's been in Middle TN for a while and has developed a lot of relationships. Smith has a great record at Haywood, but it's west TN in a smaller classification.

I’m sorry it’s Crouch and Kriesky. The green hills guy. These names are running together

1 hour ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

I’m sorry it’s Crouch and Kriesky. The green hills guy. These names are running together

4 hours ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Respectfully ., Siegel is building a 5-5 season. This big dogs in the city pick them dry of any talent. The demographic and culture of Siegel is not the same as Oakland Riverdale or Blackman.