Jump to content

Blackman


MidTennFootball
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

To be very candid, I am not thrilled with the prospect of Kreisky as HC..... I think that is not trading up or moving fwd, but best case a step backwards. I truly hope they have better options to pick from or we truly will be the new Siegel or Murfreesboro

On paper Woods and Smith have better resumes than him and Crouch. Not sure why Woods isn't the clear choice if he's in the mix. He has a great record at Cane Ridge and is a middle TN guy. Smith has a great record in West TN at Germantown and Haywood. However, Haywood is 4a and people in West TN would tell you they should be dominate over the teams they play.

Edited by MidStateFan1
g
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

On paper Woods and Smith have better resumes than him and Crouch. Not sure why Woods isn't the clear choice if he's in the mix. He has a great record at Cane Ridge and is a middle TN guy. Smith has a great record in West TN at Germantown and Haywood. However, Haywood is 4a and people in West TN would tell you they should be dominate over the teams they play.

Don't think Woods would be a good fit for one, and it's a significant pay cut to leave CR for Blackman. He'd also have to beat Oakland AND Maryville just to make the finals. Same goes for Smith on all fronts

Kriesky and Crouch would be solid hires. Both are more likely to also bring stability than Woods or Smith. Kriesky has gotten the most out of what little talent he's had to work with at Centennial and Crouch has done a good job building up Green Hill.

If your a Blackman fan and want to continue the same direction Tygard started in, Crouch is as good of a fit that you'll find. 

Edited by MidTennFootball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Don't think Woods would be a good fit for one, and it's a significant pay cut to leave CR for Blackman. He'd also have to beat Oakland AND Maryville just to make the finals. Same goes for Smith on all fronts

Kriesky and Crouch would be solid hires. Both are more likely to also bring stability than Woods or Smith. Kriesky has gotten the most out of what little talent he's had to work with at Centennial and Crouch has done a good job building up Green Hill.

If your a Blackman fan and want to continue the same direction Tygard started in, Crouch is as good of a fit that you'll find. 

Don't quite agree with the lack of talent claim with Kriesky. They have lacked linemen, but not skill. 2020 was the one year he lacked talent overall. Centennial is the most diverse school in Williamson County, which some would say should help athletics. Not saying he has done a bad job, but Would not say he's gotten the most out of his teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Don't quite agree with the lack of talent claim with Kriesky. They have lacked linemen, but not skill. 2020 was the one year he lacked talent overall. Centennial is the most diverse school in Williamson County, which some would say should help athletics. Not saying he has done a bad job, but Would not say he's gotten the most out of his teams.

Without linemen, skill players don't really matter. Diversity might help athletics, but not necessarily football Maybe another coach could have done better, but when he's had the pieces to compete, he has. He wouldn't be my first choice, but Blackman could do much worse

Given the circumstances that caused Tygard to leave, Blackman was never gonna be able to get a big name to come here. Both coaches have connections to RuCo, can't build a program if you don't have stability

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

To be very candid, I am not thrilled with the prospect of Kreisky as HC..... I think that is not trading up or moving fwd, but best case a step backwards. I truly hope they have better options to pick from or we truly will be the new Siegel or Murfreesboro

Blackman needs to be thinking 5-10-15 years in the future with this pick. This is their 5th HC in 12 years. Do you want to win the press conference or have a solid stable foundation for years to come? Kriesky would bring that stability.

I would argue that Kriesky Woods or Crouch will have a better record 2023 at Blackman than Tygard would have. Day 1- The defense is better. Day 1- no more onside kicks every time or never punting. Day 1- You will have a run game.

Tygard would be 5-5 without Brown, Marshall, Page, Risner. It would be worse than year 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2023 at 3:02 PM, RonMexico07 said:

How would you rate Centennial Kriesky to Riverdale Kriesky?

 

What are your thoughts on the job Riverdale Kriesky has done?

 

Did Green Hills ever play any RuCo schools with Couch as the HC?  What's his background?

Kriesky @ Riverdale has died at the hands of transfers IMHO. He has brought in some of the most toxic locker room kids and toxic parents as transfers. Do not want to name names as they are kids. But everyone in RUCO knows. Not just 1,2,3 but literally a dozen. The key players have been more worried about posting highlights on twitter and posting fake offers than winning or losing. 

Centennial Kriesky has not done that. 

Crouch played WR at Smyrna had a clutch catch in the state title game to win. Played at Cumberland. We think a lot of Crouch down here off exit 70. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

Blackman needs to be thinking 5-10-15 years in the future with this pick. This is their 5th HC in 12 years. Do you want to win the press conference or have a solid stable foundation for years to come? Kriesky would bring that stability.

I would argue that Kriesky Woods or Crouch will have a better record 2023 at Blackman than Tygard would have. Day 1- The defense is better. Day 1- no more onside kicks every time or never punting. Day 1- You will have a run game.

Tygard would be 5-5 without Brown, Marshall, Page, Risner. It would be worse than year 1. 

Dawg is spot on!  People also need to understand that this is not just a coach that you are hiring but also a teacher.  Yes, at Blackman, you have to teach.  Some of the coaches interviewing probably don't want to teach, or fund raise.  On top of that, they want to make more than they are currently making.  Kriesky will bring stability and toughness that Blackman has been lacking the last two years.  Will he throw it 80% of the time, like Tygard does?  I sure hope not.  Hope that he brings a power run game, with play action pass and solid Defense.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Don't think Woods would be a good fit for one, and it's a significant pay cut to leave CR for Blackman. He'd also have to beat Oakland AND Maryville just to make the finals. Same goes for Smith on all fronts

Kriesky and Crouch would be solid hires. Both are more likely to also bring stability than Woods or Smith. Kriesky has gotten the most out of what little talent he's had to work with at Centennial and Crouch has done a good job building up Green Hill.

If your a Blackman fan and want to continue the same direction Tygard started in, Crouch is as good of a fit that you'll find. 

Just want to point out that Smith did go 23-2 his last two seasons at 6A Germantown, including beating nationally ranked Whitehaven twice. So he has been there. As for Haywood, I agree that they are the best team in West Tennessee and should beat everyone like they do, but that job does have challenges you can ask anyone about. Not everyone wins there. I understand he is no longer a candidate and all, but if you would of asked Creasy at Oakland who he didn't want to get the Blackman job, it would probably be him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Just want to point out that Smith did go 23-2 his last two seasons at 6A Germantown, including beating nationally ranked Whitehaven twice. So he has been there. As for Haywood, I agree that they are the best team in West Tennessee and should beat everyone like they do, but that job does have challenges you can ask anyone about. Not everyone wins there. I understand he is no longer a candidate and all, but if you would of asked Creasy at Oakland who he didn't want to get the Blackman job, it would probably be him. 

Not downplaying Smith's skills as a HC, the man wins, no doubt about it. That said, Blackman desperately needs stability and I wouldn't trust Smith to stay there long term when he has to compete with Oakland and take a major pay cut

He left a pretty nice job at Germantown for reasons unknown and he's been applying for every decent opening this off-season, what's to stop him from applying for the next shiny new vacancy this time next year? I just see more cons that pros with him

I'm from Oakland, but I want to see Blackman excel as well. I'd love to see it return to the way it was for all RuCo programs in mid 2000s-early 2010s where each game was a death struggle and they took care of business out of region 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

Blackman needs to be thinking 5-10-15 years in the future with this pick. This is their 5th HC in 12 years. Do you want to win the press conference or have a solid stable foundation for years to come? Kriesky would bring that stability.

I would argue that Kriesky Woods or Crouch will have a better record 2023 at Blackman than Tygard would have. Day 1- The defense is better. Day 1- no more onside kicks every time or never punting. Day 1- You will have a run game.

Tygard would be 5-5 without Brown, Marshall, Page, Risner. It would be worse than year 1. 

That argument is ridiculous....  You coach your team based on the strengths and weaknesses.  What you don't do is decide you  are gonna force a square peg in a round hole. Any coach worth a hoot knows his teams talents and coaches to that. Three yards and a cloud of dust  doesn't work if you don't have the pieces to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
  • Create New...