Jump to content

Blackman


MidTennFootball
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you read the article it makes no dang sense. Lets take a team that spent last two years developing an identity for fast paced offense and and going 11-3  and swap it for the same crap we ran for 14 years prior of which the previous 4 did not work out so well.  "What were gonna do here fellas is spread the ball out to playmakers. Which is code  3 and out all season long. I can assure you nobody on planet earth is more passionate about this program, but this was a terrible ideal . This does explain a lot as to why he was on the Blackman sidelines talking to Trakas during the whole Summit game.  No sir... No politics or home cooking going on here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

54-42 when you include his time at Forrest. Understand the concern, but I agree with you, he's who is needed at Blackman right now. Hopefully he can get the youth program, middle school, and high school in alignment. It might take a year or two, but If he can, watch out. 

Top youth league in the state hands down. They have blown past Smyrna and everyone else unfortunately. We are all playing little old rec football and They travel to other states to play elite travel teams. 

Top middle school program. Neck and neck with Oakland at the middle school level. 

stability at the high school level and they will be a solid program every year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

Top youth league in the state hands down. They have blown past Smyrna and everyone else unfortunately. We are all playing little old rec football and They travel to other states to play elite travel teams. 

Top middle school program. Neck and neck with Oakland at the middle school level. 

stability at the high school level and they will be a solid program every year. 

Agree with all of your points! By alignment, I mean same schemes, lingo, etc. For example, if High School runs a 4-3 defense then all of the programs run a 4-3. If the high school runs I formation on offense, then all programs run I formation. It's how it is set up at Oakland, Maryville, and Alcoa. By the time these players get to high school they already know the system. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

If you read the article it makes no dang sense. Lets take a team that spent last two years developing an identity for fast paced offense and and going 11-3  and swap it for the same crap we ran for 14 years prior of which the previous 4 did not work out so well.  "What were gonna do here fellas is spread the ball out to playmakers. Which is code  3 and out all season long. I can assure you nobody on planet earth is more passionate about this program, but this was a terrible ideal . This does explain a lot as to why he was on the Blackman sidelines talking to Trakas during the whole Summit game.  No sir... No politics or home cooking going on here. 

News Flash you had 5 D1 kids on offense , you could of walked to the line of scrimmage and been successful. " Blazing Fast " didnt do it the kids did. Yall beat who you were suppose to beat plain and simply. I didnt matter if they hired Andy Reid you would of complained cause its not the fast offense in America any more. Blackman needs a reality check . The program isnt what you think it is! You have yet to hire a knockout hire since Shads departure when the program was hot. Blaze did you cry when Tygard resigned ? You should of packed up and rode with him because you seem to think he was God's Gift the Boro. You put lipstick on a pig and it still will smell like bacon on the stove. 5-5 first year , 10-3 with 5 D1 kids on offense thats not a program or cuture. Give Kriesky a chance at least,  before you cry.  He will at least give you 5 or more years of stability 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

News Flash you had 5 D1 kids on offense , you could of walked to the line of scrimmage and been successful. " Blazing Fast " didnt do it the kids did. Yall beat who you were suppose to beat plain and simply. I didnt matter if they hired Andy Reid you would of complained cause its not the fast offense in America any more. Blackman needs a reality check . The program isnt what you think it is! You have yet to hire a knockout hire since Shads departure when the program was hot. Blaze did you cry when Tygard resigned ? You should of packed up and rode with him because you seem to think he was God's Gift the Boro. You put lipstick on a pig and it still will smell like bacon on the stove. 5-5 first year , 10-3 with 5 D1 kids on offense thats not a program or cuture. Give Kriesky a chance at least,  before you cry.  He will at least give you 5 or more years of stability 

Before you pick up your pom poms... know your audience. I fought publicly to keep Shad at the time I believed he was the guy for the job. I believed he was truly invested in the kids and the program. As far as Watson and Hartsfield, I never said a crossword about them and continue to be friends with both of them and hold them in high regard . I set through 16 seasons and 200 plus games, so yeah I have a bit of an investment in this program as I have had 2 boys that played under the 3 former coaches mentioned. 

Was Tygard perfect absolutely not. Did I jump on his band wagon day one ... nope, Did I support him and the program as I have every coach in the past? You bet.  Here is where you and I are different.

1) Blackman does not have the ability to line up and run over you any longer. They lost that with the rezoning to Rockvale.

2) The mentality to "go back to what Blackman used to do is ridiculous. It did not work well with Kit or David either one. To think you are gonna pour a vanilla cake mix in a bowl  and get anything other than what you have been getting with it is just not smart.

3) You want different results than the same ole same ole, you have to do things different. Did Tygard attract players with his style of play ? You bet he did. Will Blackman have that draw with 3 yards and a cloud of dust? Not hardly. Not when they can go across town and get that system. 

Do you know the terms and reason Tygard left? Do you know the assistant coaches were stipend from the booster club  money at a considerably higher amount than He was. He asked for consideration for the same or more and was denied. Since Blackman does not have a true booster club and unlike Oakland the funds are approved at the administration level not the  boosters or coaches.  Do you know that he asked for a raise and was denied . Not to match Cleveland, but show him something.  You realize Rankin wanted the Job when, they gave it to Tygard, There were a couple candidates that would have been better options. but Blackman could not come to terms on the pay, so don't act like this was the first choice. 

Will I support Blackman this season. you bet I will. Will I give Kriesky a shot, yes of course, . Will I be frustrated if we turn around and go 5-5 4-6..3-7 ....of course. When you put in the time supporting this team, program, previous coaches, look me up and talk to me about "stability" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

News Flash you had 5 D1 kids on offense , you could of walked to the line of scrimmage and been successful. " Blazing Fast " didnt do it the kids did. Yall beat who you were suppose to beat plain and simply. I didnt matter if they hired Andy Reid you would of complained cause its not the fast offense in America any more. Blackman needs a reality check . The program isnt what you think it is! You have yet to hire a knockout hire since Shads departure when the program was hot. Blaze did you cry when Tygard resigned ? You should of packed up and rode with him because you seem to think he was God's Gift the Boro. You put lipstick on a pig and it still will smell like bacon on the stove. 5-5 first year , 10-3 with 5 D1 kids on offense thats not a program or cuture. Give Kriesky a chance at least,  before you cry.  He will at least give you 5 or more years of stability 

Those kids weren't "D1"before Tygard got there. It's called player development and knocking him for producing 5 D1 kids isn't the knock like you think it is. It's not like Blackman was getting a ton of Jr/Sr transfers that already had offers. Iv never seen a dude win 10 games and get so much crap for it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Before you pick up your pom poms... know your audience. I fought publicly to keep Shad at the time I believed he was the guy for the job. I believed he was truly invested in the kids and the program. As far as Watson and Hartsfield, I never said a crossword about them and continue to be friends with both of them and hold them in high regard . I set through 16 seasons and 200 plus games, so yeah I have a bit of an investment in this program as I have had 2 boys that played under the 3 former coaches mentioned. 

Was Tygard perfect absolutely not. Did I jump on his band wagon day one ... nope, Did I support him and the program as I have every coach in the past? You bet.  Here is where you and I are different.

1) Blackman does not have the ability to line up and run over you any longer. They lost that with the rezoning to Rockvale.

2) The mentality to "go back to what Blackman used to do is ridiculous. It did not work well with Kit or David either one. To think you are gonna pour a vanilla cake mix in a bowl  and get anything other than what you have been getting with it is just not smart.

3) You want different results than the same ole same ole, you have to do things different. Did Tygard attract players with his style of play ? You bet he did. Will Blackman have that draw with 3 yards and a cloud of dust? Not hardly. Not when they can go across town and get that system. 

Do you know the terms and reason Tygard left? Do you know the assistant coaches were stipend from the booster club  money at a considerably higher amount than He was. He asked for consideration for the same or more and was denied. Since Blackman does not have a true booster club and unlike Oakland the funds are approved at the administration level not the  boosters or coaches.  Do you know that he asked for a raise and was denied . Not to match Cleveland, but show him something.  You realize Rankin wanted the Job when, they gave it to Tygard, There were a couple candidates that would have been better options. but Blackman could not come to terms on the pay, so don't act like this was the first choice. 

Will I support Blackman this season. you bet I will. Will I give Kriesky a shot, yes of course, . Will I be frustrated if we turn around and go 5-5 4-6..3-7 ....of course. When you put in the time supporting this team, program, previous coaches, look me up and talk to me about "stability" 

What makes you think he is running a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense? His offenses at Centennial were spread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

What makes you think he is running a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense? His offenses at Centennial were spread. 

They may have been spread, but he was run heavy in it . Again what "HE " said in the DNJ he wanted to go back in the direction of what Blackman did 2 years prior to Tygard... I was at those games .... we the ran ball most of the time.  My point is you are not going to have a lot of success playing smash mouth ball at Blackman. We don't have that kind of personnel currently and its not in the pipe. I am all for toughening up the defense, but you gotta change with the game or get left behind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

They may have been spread, but he was run heavy in it . Again what "HE " said in the DNJ he wanted to go back in the direction of what Blackman did 2 years prior to Tygard... I was at those games .... we the ran ball most of the time.  My point is you are not going to have a lot of success playing smash mouth ball at Blackman. We don't have that kind of personnel currently and its not in the pipe. I am all for toughening up the defense, but you gotta change with the game or get left behind. 

Dude!!!! You can’t run 95% of the time, just like you can’t pass 95% of the time. Personnel????? That team had 70 WRs and only 2 could catch or you only would throw to two. I love your passion for the guy, but darn!!!l lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Dude!!!! You can’t run 95% of the time, just like you can’t pass 95% of the time. Personnel????? That team had 70 WRs and only 2 could catch or you only would throw to two. I love your passion for the guy, but darn!!!l lol

Its not about coach Tygard, it about Kriesky. Couch or Woods would have been better options in my opinion. The funny thing is everybody talks about having a "great " coach like Creasy makes all the difference. I just don't think Kriesky is that guy maybe I am wrong. but No one on this thread will give a crap in 6 months from now if Blackman is lagging behind but me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...