Blackman

MidTennFootball

3 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

This is what Creasy doesn't get enough credit for. They've obviously had a lot of talented players transfer in, but it takes a lot more than talented players to win a championship, let alone multiple championships at this level. The line of scrimmage is where Oakland usually has a significant advantage over every team they play. Creasy is a genius at using multiple formations, shifts, trades, etc to create mismatches & number advantages. He doesn't get enough credit for the feeder system he's put in place. What has been built there is a result of a lot more than just having some talented players transfer in.

It's been interesting to see Oakland's offense evolve each yr he's been here. He's been able to adapt to his personnel and has been able to do it in various different ways. Not a lot of coaches who start with the Wing-T are that flexible 

14 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

It's been interesting to see Oakland's offense evolve each yr he's been here. He's been able to adapt to his personnel and has been able to do it in various different ways. Not a lot of coaches who start with the Wing-T are that flexible 

He's always been good at adapting to his personnel back to his days at TC, and it does seem that the longer he coaches the more his offense continues to evolve and get even better. I don't think anyone would argue that Oakland has benefitted from transfers, but at the very least their success has been a combination of both talent and elite coaching. I always cringe when I hear/read "Anyone can win with the best talent" 

Since the topic moved this direction anyway, I had a thought as well. When everyone talks about all the transfers and talent Oakland has, I don't think enough credit is given to Creasy for the way he manages personnel. Nowadays, kids are always looking for an excuse to transfer if they think they are a super star and should be getting more playing time. Creasy seems like he manages that rosters, coaches up all the players, and keeps everyone focused on a common goal as well as anyone we've seen in recent memory. I can't even imagine what it's like to coach somewhere that has multiple RB's, DB's, etc. that all deserve snaps and playing time. 

As for Rutherford county as whole, I've always assumed it's like Williamson County in the sense that talent is all over the county and it just cycles around who the top dog is to a certain extent. Over the last 20 years, several of the Williamson County schools have competed for championships or had the ability too. Rutherford County has been the same with Smyrna, Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland, etc. all being in a position to be really good or at different times a particular one was the best of the best. Seems like the right head coach could take any of these schools to a high level. 

As for the original topic, wonder if Palmer or Osteen is a candidate. I think they would do a great job at Blackman, but also wouldn't blame them for being happy where they are. Gonna be fun to see who they hire.

19 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Since the topic moved this direction anyway, I had a thought as well. When everyone talks about all the transfers and talent Oakland has, I don't think enough credit is given to Creasy for the way he manages personnel. Nowadays, kids are always looking for an excuse to transfer if they think they are a super star and should be getting more playing time. Creasy seems like he manages that rosters, coaches up all the players, and keeps everyone focused on a common goal as well as anyone we've seen in recent memory. I can't even imagine what it's like to coach somewhere that has multiple RB's, DB's, etc. that all deserve snaps and playing time. 

As for Rutherford county as whole, I've always assumed it's like Williamson County in the sense that talent is all over the county and it just cycles around who the top dog is to a certain extent. Over the last 20 years, several of the Williamson County schools have competed for championships or had the ability too. Rutherford County has been the same with Smyrna, Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland, etc. all being in a position to be really good or at different times a particular one was the best of the best. Seems like the right head coach could take any of these schools to a high level. 

As for the original topic, wonder if Palmer or Osteen is a candidate. I think they would do a great job at Blackman, but also wouldn't blame them for being happy where they are. Gonna be fun to see who they hire.

Osteen would be a good hire, he's racked up a lot of wins at MC and kinda surprised nobody else has hired away from MC yet. Can't dispute Palmer's record, but the circumstances around his departure at Shelbyville probably hurts him 

34 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Agree on all points.

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Osteen would be a good hire, he's racked up a lot of wins at MC and kinda surprised nobody else has hired away from MC yet. Can't dispute Palmer's record, but the circumstances around his departure at Shelbyville probably hurts him 

I agree that Osteen is a top notch coach. I doubt he would take the Blackman job though. MC has block scheduling and they start football everyday at 1 pm. Which means he’s home 2-3 hours earlier than most coaches. Great system for coaches with families and would be tough to leave. 

12 minutes ago, TheLiaison said:

I agree that Osteen is a top notch coach. I doubt he would take the Blackman job though. MC has block scheduling and they start football everyday at 1 pm. Which means he’s home 2-3 hours earlier than most coaches. Great system for coaches with families and would be tough to leave. 

Agreed, that would be a tough situation to leave

1 hour ago, FBCoach1983 said:

Call Ron Crawford get him back to Middle Tn. 

Allegedly he was on the board, but changed his mind. The list going around is: 

Eddie Woods

Chuck Gentry 

Josh Crouch 

Erik Davis 

Bryson Rosser

Chris Smith

Jay Pierce 

Pat Curran

Matt Kriesky

Jamal Stewart 

Steven Reece 

Potentially others, and possibly some of these dropped out. Just rumors through coaching circles