Blackman

MidTennFootball

42 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

Went tooth and nail with a QB on one wheel. Coach left and so did winning. 

Wyant was at Siegel 4 years after that 2012 season, didn't win more than 4 games his last 3 seasons, they were already in decline when he resigned

Siegel actually had a chance to hire Creasy in 2010, but chose Wyant instead

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Wyant was at Siegel 4 years after that 2012 season, didn't win more than 4 games his last 3 seasons, they were already in decline when he resigned

You are right. Thanks for the info. My timeline was wrong. I appreciate your post, unlike bounder who gets threads locked. And the LMAOc who gets threads deleted. 

11 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Do you think Creasy would have had as much success at Siegel if he had went there? 

6 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

Do you think Creasy would have had as much success at Siegel if he had went there? 

I'd think so, having the talent Siegel did at that point would give him time to mold all the feeders as he sees fit. The departure on Siegel's staff that hurt them was Steve Matthews taking the Knox Catholic job. In 2012 & 2013, they could outscore most teams without really worrying about the defense.

Siegel is just now starting to get a defense that I'd label average-good and it's shown up in their record, they've increased their win total the last 2 seasons 

Would have been fun to see Creasy and GQ face off more than just twice 

47 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Wyant stayed but OC left to go to Knox Catholic.  The Offense was never the same. 

11 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

In your honest opinion do you think Blackman would be better if Rockvale wasn’t built?

I'd think so but the way that area is growing it had to be done. RuCo is gonna need another HS soon to relieve overcrowding that's already taking place at Rockvale.

Blackman is never gonna lack for talent or for numbers. It's probably the one program in the boro where it actually still feels like a community. What Blackman lacks is just playing with that edge, maybe with the right HC that can be coached into them but I think their socioeconomic background hinders them a little bit. Just feels like Oakland has more players from areas where football is their way out. Maybe I'm way off on that, but that's my theory. 

The common thinking used to be the more schools that are built in RuCo, the less chance of a title bc the talent will be diluted. Oakland has proven that to be wrong and I think if the the results were reversed, Blackman could have very well won state last year, they certainly played Oakland better than anyone else in the playoffs 

16 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I'd think so but the way that area is growing it had to be done. RuCo is gonna need another HS soon to relieve overcrowding that's already taking place at Rockvale.

Blackman is never gonna lack for talent or for numbers. It's probably the one program in the boro where it actually still feels like a community. What Blackman lacks is just playing with that edge, maybe with the right HC that can be coached into them but I think their socioeconomic background hinders them a little bit. Just feels like Oakland has more players from areas where football is their way out. Maybe I'm way off on that, but that's my theory. 

The common thinking used to be the more schools that are built in RuCo, the less chance of a title bc the talent will be diluted. Oakland has proven that to be wrong and I think if the the results were reversed, Blackman could have very well won state last year, they certainly played Oakland better than anyone else in the playoffs 

You mean Oakland got more hood players lmaoo! The bro factor is what I call it! But you’re honestly right.