Shad Resigns at Eagleton

camppack

3 hours ago, HTV said:

AP isn't exactly accurate on that, if that's what he said.  

One has to request a transfer, not just "declare" what school they want to get an out of zone transfer to and it has to be approved by Knox County.  But there are several legit transfers, including a minority to majority transfer, which was initiated by Knox County to satisfy the Office of Civil Rights some time back to prevent bussing similar to what Hamilton County does.  

And there are other legit reasons for transfer approval for all students, including, but not limited to the magnet programs that some schools offer.  

And that's Knox County.  

The TSSAA deems students eligible as long as they start their freshman year at a particular high school, no matter where they live and if they comply with the living with parent/legal guardian provision.  

So there are really two different levels here - County, and TSSAA.  

People frequently have trouble separating the two HTV, as well as complaining about the policies of other systems. All Tn. public schools are "open zoned" in practice...those with restrictions are self-imposed by their own governing body, and they reserve the right to restrict enrollment at their discretion, and to what degree. Some require more than others in order to enroll (or transfer) outside of their zone (they also set the area), but ultimately, it's of their own choosing.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, ipb7 said:

Remember those great Knox Central teams around 1990? Todd Helton? The center on that team told me they practiced year round. He said they would leave the county and go to a farm in another county to practice year round.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, ipb7 said:

Remember those great Knox Central teams around 1990? Todd Helton? The center on that team told me they practiced year round. He said they would leave the county and go to a farm in another county to practice year round.

Boy Todd must have been real tired in HS. Practicing baseball and football year round. How did he have time to study. Just remarkable!

With all the investment into that Eagleton Program I'm surprised two coaches in two years have left that position. One for an assistant job at Maryville and the other to be an assistant at Catholic. To me hanging around a few years would have built such a good resume it would lead to a lot better job than trying to be found in the bushes. If their leaving for better money somewhere else it scares me they won't have any leverage to pull in someone good. 

18 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

With all the investment into that Eagleton Program I'm surprised two coaches in two years have left that position. One for an assistant job at Maryville and the other to be an assistant at Catholic. To me hanging around a few years would have built such a good resume it would lead to a lot better job than trying to be found in the bushes. If their leaving for better money somewhere else it scares me they won't have any leverage to pull in someone good. 

If what I am hearing comes to fruition Eagleton will get a definite upgrade in the head coaching department. 

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They did with Shad. When he left William Blount he said he planned on returning once he got past some health issues if my memory is correct and presto thats who they reached out to.

I thought Shad was “asked” to resign so they didn’t have to fire him. He wasn’t currently coaching when he moved. 

1 hour ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

I thought Shad was “asked” to resign so they didn’t have to fire him. He wasn’t currently coaching when he moved. 

He resigned January 10th saying he needed time for health reasons but he wasn't finished coaching. If Blount County wanted him to resign they surely wouldn't have hired him back. Never known a coach for any sport in Blount County to be fired over record. William Blount is a total train wreck which may have been going to happen Shad or no Shad because the county starves that school to death of what is needed to be sucessful and the same with Heritage for all of those years. The feeded system isn't the greatest is one reason that WB is so bad. When Young left the program at the middle school the high school is paying the price for it. The TSSAA should have allowed WB to drop down to 5A but didn't because they actually believe their fairey tale about enrollment creates all school equal. That kind of thinking is what destroies some programs from ever being brought back from the dead.