R2-AAAA Knox Area

CU06

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

As for DB I would have rather seen WB beat Karns. I just think DB would stand a better chance against Karns. Yeah I know they beat us handily the last time but I trust in coach Poore to make the necessary adjustments to beat them the second time around. In my opinion WB is the best team left and I think they should get the nod to win it all. But I also think DB could come up with the upset. I would only be slightly surprised. DB is very well coached. Shades of Buck Van Huss. 

Think you copied an pasted this from me from another thread... Lol

Slick Willy B will be tough on Monday night.  That's for sure.

DB 64-63 WB Final

Crazy sequence at the end. Sorry i could not see their numbers on my iphone. DB had the ball with 6 seconds left. DB player drove to the basket. WB defender got off balance and went back first as DB player was in the air. Shocking part is the foul happened at .04 seconds left. Twitter is lit with mad as fudge William Blount fans. 

Smoky Bears go to Karns and come away with the win! Young team pulled off the upset no one outside Sevier County thought was possible.  Led by 1 Sr, a Soph, and the rest are all freshmen.  A Jr stepped up big tonight off the bench.  I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight if I was WB fan after seeing the replay.  Tough ending.  

3 hours ago, TtownReject said:

DB 64-63 WB Final

Crazy sequence at the end. Sorry i could not see their numbers on my iphone. DB had the ball with 6 seconds left. DB player drove to the basket. WB defender got off balance and went back first as DB player was in the air. Shocking part is the foul happened at .04 seconds left. Twitter is lit with mad as fudge William Blount fans. 

I don't get it? If the foul happened with .04 left, it's still a foul. Unless their saying there was no foul? I don't get what is shocking?

57 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't get it? If the foul happened with .04 left, it's still a foul. Unless their saying there was no foul? I don't get what is shocking?

1. Wasn’t a foul. #11 didn’t even touch him. 
2. If the foul is called with 0.4 left, there should be 0.4 put back on the clock. You can’t have a foul with 0.0 left (because if the foul occurred with 0.0 left, then the game would have already been over).

4 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

1. Wasn’t a foul. #11 didn’t even touch him. 
2. If the foul is called with 0.4 left, there should be 0.4 put back on the clock. You can’t have a foul with 0.0 left (because if the foul occurred with 0.0 left, then the game would have already been over).

1. I watched the replay of the last shot. I'm not going to say it was or wasn't a foul but #11 did reach in and knock the ball away. Did he get arm or hand ?  I couldn't tell from the distance and angle of the replay. But there was a foul called, and the ref blew the whistle before time ran out. Thats part is clear on the replay. There was 0.4 on the clock when the whistle blew. 

2. You're probably right about 0.4 being put back on the clock. Not sure if the WB. coach argued that? Would have taken some kind of miracle or divine intervention for WB to throw the ball in full court and get a bucket with 0.4 on the clock. Time would have run out as soon as they touched it. But seems like they should have got the chance. Maybe could have bounced it off somebody's head. 

6 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

1. I watched the replay of the last shot. I'm not going to say it was or wasn't a foul but #11 did reach in and knock the ball away. Did he get arm or hand ?  I couldn't tell from the distance and angle of the replay. But there was a foul called, and the ref blew the whistle before time ran out. Thats part is clear on the replay. There was 0.4 on the clock when the whistle blew. 

2. You're probably right about 0.4 being put back on the clock. Not sure if the WB. coach argued that? Would have taken some kind of miracle or divine intervention for WB to throw the ball in full court and get a bucket with 0.4 on the clock. Time would have run out as soon as they touched it. But seems like they should have got the chance. Maybe could have bounced it off somebody's head. 

It can happen.... just three weeks ago in fact: