Traditional state champion predictions

Wrestlingfan22

2 hours ago, PackMentality said:

Don’t think Bryson would drop.  I don’t think he feels the need. Although Bosken keeps getting closer. He will be difficult to beat at either weight.  He beat Chase very easily at Region and State duals.

He is a great wrestler. Mason spent a week with him at Roundtree’s and likes him a lot. I saw the two matches with Chase. Bryson just had too much horsepower. Chase looked good on his feet but Brysons top game was just too good. 

4 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sad thing is, they could both be on the same side of the bracket, since Mason is a freshman he wont be seeded and Chase is a defending state champ and should be seeded 1st, but after that its just thrown together with any other returning placers that win regions and such also seeded. 

What’s crazy is Mason placed at Beast of the East this year and to me, not being snobby, but is worth more than any TN medal. With that said anyone seeding the bracket that puts those two on same side should be fired and they should come up with a new seeding system. Kinda like the way they do the state duals. I grew up wrestling in Michigan and our high school duals tournaments were seeded according to who the best teams were, not what place you got in a region. They need a new seeding system, badly. There are people that actually know wrestling and know these kids pretty good. I’m sure a committee could be put together to see things the way they should be seeded. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

What’s crazy is Mason placed at Beast of the East this year and to me, not being snobby, but is worth more than any TN medal. With that said anyone seeding the bracket that puts those two on same side should be fired and they should come up with a new seeding system. Kinda like the way they do the state duals. I grew up wrestling in Michigan and our high school duals tournaments were seeded according to who the best teams were, not what place you got in a region. They need a new seeding system, badly. There are people that actually know wrestling and know these kids pretty good. I’m sure a committee could be put together to see things the way they should be seeded. 

The only seeding done in the duel is previous years 1 thru 4 and 1st and 2nd from each section will be on opposite sides and supposedly individual is section winners in each quarter bracket then a 2 3 4 from different sections 1 wrestles 4 then 2 wrestles 3 so a 1 won't hit another 1 till the third round

1 hour ago, LocalHero said:

It’s another way TN falls short and that is the state tournament is not seeded unless the wrestler was a state placed from last years. Besides that the only other thing is a 1 from a region would not be on the same side of bracket from 2 and 3 and a 1 from a sectional faces a 4th from a different region.

1 hour ago, LocalHero said:

Need to brace yourself that he very well could be the 3 or 4 seed.  They don’t give any special consideration to a freshman. Way too much emphasis on returning state placement in my opinion. For example Hunter was the 3 seed his freshman year and he either pinned or teched his way through. 

12 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Pride, no love for Brenot? Personally, he would be one of my top few "favorites" if I could pick the favorite and give you "the field". Granted, anything can happen and that's why they wrestle it out, but that's just my opinion. 

Brenot is lock to win 182!

Predictions for AA

106- Cordero (Cleveland)

113- Chase Walker/Mason Jakob (DB) going to be a great match, hoping it’s the finals matchup! Toss Up match!

120- Bryson Terrell (Bradley)

126- Bentley Ellison (Cleveland) overcomes Little (Summit) this time!

132- Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

138- Landon Desselle (Summit)

145- Luke Belcher (Bradley)

152- Fowler (Cleveland)

160- Max Norman (DB)

170- Szymborski (Cleveland) beats Gibbs (Brentwood)

182- Aiden Brenot (Clarksville)

195- Devon Medina (Science Hill)

220-  Noah Todd (WC)

285- Hayden McDonald (Maryville)

Edited by Dogs26

I’ll do more in-depth when we have brackets, but my initial rough draft of champs in AA:

106- Colson 

113- Jakob

120- Terrell

126- Little

132- Lipsey

138- Desselle

145- Belcher

152- Fowler

160- Norman

170- Szymborski

182- Brenot

195- Stadel

220- Todd

285- McDonald

MOW- Norman/Desselle

Team scores:

1. Cleveland

2. Dobyns

3. Bradley

4. Summit

5. Wilson

2 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I’ll do more in-depth when we have brackets, but my initial rough draft of champs in AA:

106- Colson 

113- Jakob

120- Terrell

126- Little

132- Lipsey

138- Desselle

145- Belcher

152- Fowler

160- Norman

170- Szymborski

182- Brenot

195- Stadel

220- Todd

285- McDonald

MOW- Norman/Desselle

Team scores:

1. Cleveland

2. Dobyns

3. Bradley

4. Summit

5. Wilson

MOW - Add Brenot to that list, pinned everyone last year minus Szymborski. I could see him pin everyone at 182 this year!

2 hours ago, Mason422 said:

Need to brace yourself that he very well could be the 3 or 4 seed.  They don’t give any special consideration to a freshman. Way too much emphasis on returning state placement in my opinion. For example Hunter was the 3 seed his freshman year and he either pinned or teched his way through. 

Yeah someone informed me of that earlier basically saying Mason could be on the same side as the 1 seed, which is bad for the state tournament to have a championship match in the semis instead of the actual finals 

3 hours ago, Wrestlingfan22 said:

The only seeding done in the duel is previous years 1 thru 4 and 1st and 2nd from each section will be on opposite sides and supposedly individual is section winners in each quarter bracket then a 2 3 4 from different sections 1 wrestles 4 then 2 wrestles 3 so a 1 won't hit another 1 till the third round

IMO they should seed based off the same years performance, not what happened the previous year. That’s terrible seeding criteria!!