Traditional state champion predictions

Wrestlingfan22

21 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

Thank you. Still have to go out and wrestle!!! Chase is a stud so Mason has his hands full. They’ve wrestled quite a few times and one thing about Cleveland is they always have their kids ready. I’m sure Knox and Bosken has a game plan. We’ve been watching film too. Will be a good match. Not sure in that bracket there will be any other good matches. However, know what kids will drop. Not out of realm of possibility Bryson could drop back down. Rumor has it Russel Ford has something for Mason and may be dropping too. So we will see. I’ll never bet against Mason but hardly a lock. We’re just going to be humble and Mason will go out and wrestle his match. 

Couldn’t suggest a better approach.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cowcatcher said:

Once we know who all qualifies for single A in a few weeks, I will post my top 6 in each weight but to create some discussion, here are my early picks in each weight...

106 - Cole Dyer (Soddy) over Christopher Lagorio (Hixson) ... I would not be surprised to see Comes from Seymour sneak into the finals, but Dyer is the man to beat.

113 - JoJo Uhorchuk (Signal) over Tyson Flavin (Soddy)

120 - Carson Dupill (Greeneville) over Charles Duncan (Soddy)

126 - Ethan Uhorchuk (Signal) over Andy Cable (Pigeon Forge) ... this should be an awesome match!

132 - Caleb Uhorchuk (Signal) over Sam Hutchisen (Halls)

138 - Harlen Hunley (Halls) over Brody McLemore (Eagleville)

145 - Hunter Mason (Greeneville) over Sasha Warner (Polk)

152 - Colin Dupill (Greeneville) over Jackson Davis (Signal)

160 - Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge) over Thomas Magness (Harpeth) ... expect Turner from Soddy to be right there. He almost beat Howard two weeks ago. This should be a fun weight to follow!

170 - Jake Stacey (Green Hill) over the field

182 - Logan Heckert (Sycamore) over Gabe Ferrell (David Crockett)

195 - Kendrick Curtis (Fairview) over Rob Atwood (Trousdale) in an upset of the match Atwood won earlier this year 4-2. Lowery from Greeneville will be right there in the mix as well.

220 - Zac Crisman (Greeneville) over the field

285 - Caleb Wolfe (Pigeon Forge) over Ronan O'Connell (Page)

Finalists

Greeneville - 4

Signal - 4

Soddy - 3

Pigeon Forge - 2

Halls - 2

Good stuff! You know Lowery of Greeneville beat Ferrell something like 16-2 a couple of weeks ago. So he is not at 182?

Edited by noonesfool

14 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Good stuff! You know Lowery of Greeneville beat Ferrell something like 16-2 a couple of weeks ago. So he is not at 182?

Ferrell and Lowery wrestled at 195.  Track screwed up the weight. Ferrell is definitely at 182.  Gabe is walking in the high 170s and has been all season.   If it wasn’t for his brother being at 170 Gabe could easily make 170.  Don’t read too much into Lowerys win. 

Edited by oceansize42

1 minute ago, oceansize42 said:

Ferrell and Lowery wrestled at 195.  Track screwed up the weight. Ferrell is definitely at 182.  Gabe is walking in the high 170s and has been all season.   If it wasn’t for his brother being at 170 Gabe could easily make 170.  Don’t read too much into Lowerys win. 

I’m not, I heard GHS bumped Lowery up in order to bring in 182 back up. I’m a Ferrell fan. Are you related To Randy Ferrell over in JC.

3 hours ago, LocalHero said:

Thank you. Still have to go out and wrestle!!! Chase is a stud so Mason has his hands full. They’ve wrestled quite a few times and one thing about Cleveland is they always have their kids ready. I’m sure Knox and Bosken has a game plan. We’ve been watching film too. Will be a good match. Not sure in that bracket there will be any other good matches. However, know what kids will drop. Not out of realm of possibility Bryson could drop back down. Rumor has it Russel Ford has something for Mason and may be dropping too. So we will see. I’ll never bet against Mason but hardly a lock. We’re just going to be humble and Mason will go out and wrestle his match. 

Sad thing is, they could both be on the same side of the bracket, since Mason is a freshman he wont be seeded and Chase is a defending state champ and should be seeded 1st, but after that its just thrown together with any other returning placers that win regions and such also seeded. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sad thing is, they could both be on the same side of the bracket, since Mason is a freshman he wont be seeded and Chase is a defending state champ and should be seeded 1st, but after that its just thrown together with any other returning placers that win regions and such also seeded. 

Truth 

3 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

Once we know who all qualifies for single A in a few weeks, I will post my top 6 in each weight but to create some discussion, here are my early picks in each weight...

106 - Cole Dyer (Soddy) over Christopher Lagorio (Hixson) ... I would not be surprised to see Comes from Seymour sneak into the finals, but Dyer is the man to beat.

126 - Ethan Uhorchuk (Signal) over Andy Cable (Pigeon Forge) ... this should be an awesome match!

160 - Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge) over Thomas Magness (Harpeth) ... expect Turner from Soddy to be right there. He almost beat Howard two weeks ago. This should be a fun weight to follow!

195 - Kendrick Curtis (Fairview) over Rob Atwood (Trousdale) in an upset of the match Atwood won earlier this year 4-2. Lowery from Greeneville will be right there in the mix as well.

Finalists

Greeneville - 4

Signal - 4

Soddy - 3

Pigeon Forge - 2

Halls - 2

106 - Cole Dyer (Soddy) over Comes(Seymour)

120 - Carson Dupill (Greeneville) over Henry Ribble(Fairview)

138 - Harlen Hunley (Halls) over Braylen Cosper(Soddy)

160 - Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge) over Elijah Turner (Soddy)

170 - Jake Stacey (Green Hill) over Colton Ferrell (David Crockett)

195 - Rob Atwood (Trousdale) Over Kendrick Curtis (Fairview)- might be the best match in the finals but I'll take Atwood 

220 - Zac Crisman (Greeneville) over Bull Goodman (Halls)

Only a few changes since I havent gotten to watch all these kids. but of course there will be some more weight movement so we will have a better idea of where everyone is.

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

106 - Cole Dyer (Soddy) over Comes(Seymour)

120 - Carson Dupill (Greeneville) over Henry Ribble(Fairview)

138 - Harlen Hunley (Halls) over Braylen Cosper(Soddy)

160 - Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge) over Elijah Turner (Soddy)

170 - Jake Stacey (Green Hill) over Colton Ferrell (David Crockett)

195 - Rob Atwood (Trousdale) Over Kendrick Curtis (Fairview)- might be the best match in the finals but I'll take Atwood 

220 - Zac Crisman (Greeneville) over Bull Goodman (Halls)

Only a few changes since I havent gotten to watch all these kids. but of course there will be some more weight movement so we will have a better idea of where everyone is.

I believe you have overlooked briar Whaley of halls at 160 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

Finalists

Greeneville - 4

Signal - 4

Soddy - 3

Pigeon Forge - 2

Halls - 2

May be looking thru orange glasses but I believe Howard at 195 from PF will be a factor as will littles at 170 

29 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan22 said:

I believe you have overlooked briar Whaley of halls at 160 

I didn't just like I didn't overlook Magness of Harpeth, they just haven't wrestled yet and really until the final brackets come out it really doesn't matter as we don't know who will be on what side of the brackets to face off.

5 hours ago, LocalHero said:

Don’t think Bryson would drop.  I don’t think he feels the need. Although Bosken keeps getting closer. He will be difficult to beat at either weight.  He beat Chase very easily at Region and State duals.