Title games on the move?

Bump11

I wonder why nobody said nothing about playing in geo “soccer” stadium?? Anyways from my POV I’d rather play at smith county where it’s more exciting then playing at TN Tech. It’s all gloomy and boring. It’s like it’s no life in that town. Nashville would be a big difference and and someone stated some people would make it a weekend trip. I guarantee some hotels would accommodate teams and their staffs if they chose to stay.

8 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I wonder why nobody said nothing about playing in geo “soccer” stadium?? Anyways from my POV I’d rather play at smith county where it’s more exciting then playing at TN Tech. It’s all gloomy and boring. It’s like it’s no life in that town. Nashville would be a big difference and and someone stated some people would make it a weekend trip. I guarantee some hotels would accommodate teams and their staffs if they chose to stay.

Good idea, but not sure ppl are gonna be crazy about the lack of parking. If the only 2 bids are Cookeville and Chattanooga, I'd much prefer Chattanooga, partially for points you brought up

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Good idea, but not sure ppl are gonna be crazy about the lack of parking. If the only 2 bids are Cookeville and Chattanooga, I'd much prefer Chattanooga, partially for points you brought up

I didn’t see that many cars in Chattanooga lol. I felt like I was at the wrong place lol but yea I feel you.

Edited by FBfan26

10 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I didn’t see that many cars in Chattanooga lol. I felt like I was at the wrong place lol but yea I feel you.

I feel like that will probably be the new norm unfortunately. Too many other ways of being able to watch the games now, a lot of people would rather stay home given the option to. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Right size of stadium, but a grass field and no parking.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, cbg said:

What is the breakdown of the paid attendance for each state championship game?

25,000 total over the three days. Still working on the math? It's already been partially done...Cookeville Mayor gave their cost/profit analysis at roughly a 2.5 million overall economic impact to their city with the enormous percentages favoring private businesses, such as restaurants, hotels, fuel stations, and "adult refreshment sales" not connected to the venue or TSSAA. What he didn't give was the amount recuperated by the city or the cut taken by TSSAA. I did find something interesting.... Cookeville's bid exceeded Chattanooga's by $3,000, but they chose to award it to Chattanooga because they agreed to relinquish advertising at the venue solely to TSSAA. I have no knowledge of how the gate, concessions, and venue parking are divided, but for the city to recoup the initial bid amount, they would have to hold on to a significant portion of them as it appears that TSSAA and private enterprise benefits from everything else.

For the record, I'm happy that Chattanooga was awarded the contract and I hope that they did profit from it... everything about the games at Cookeville felt "flat" and unexciting.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

25,000 total over the three days. Still working on the math? It's already been partially done...Cookeville Mayor gave their cost/profit analysis at roughly a 2.5 million overall economic impact to their city with the enormous percentages favoring private businesses, such as restaurants, hotels, fuel stations, and "adult refreshment sales" not connected to the venue or TSSAA. What he didn't give was the amount recuperated by the city or the cut taken by TSSAA. I did find something interesting.... Cookeville's bid exceeded Chattanooga's by $3,000, but they chose to award it to Chattanooga because they agreed to relinquish advertising at the venue solely to TSSAA. I have no knowledge of how the gate, concessions, and venue parking are divided, but for the city to recoup the initial bid amount, they would have to hold on to a significant portion of them as it appears that TSSAA and private enterprise benefits from everything else.

For the record, I'm happy that Chattanooga was awarded the contract and I hope that they did profit from it... everything about the games at Cookeville felt "flat" and unexciting.

I am old enough to remember when you had A, AA & AAA for football with no separation  of public and private schools.  The AAA championship game alone would have over 20K in attendance at Vanderbilt University.  Not a lot of interest when you have 9 classifications and the best teams often don’t play each other.