TSSAA Individual State Discussion

WrestlingGod

14 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Gotta say Pops, sentences 1 and 4 are ABSOLUTE FACTS that everyone SHOULD KNOW! Sentence #2 is a fact that only SOME people know. As I'm unable to foresee the future, I THINK and BELIEVE that you're correct on sentence #3. That being said, I "think" #3 will become a fact on Saturday evening. Good Luck to your boy!

Thank you. Been training his whole life for this moment. He’s focused. He will put on a show I can promise that. I’m looking forward to watching it myself. Wish I knew who some of y’all were so I could thank you in real life, but this will have to do. Thank you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrestlingDad23 said:

Mason will be one of the best technicians on the mat this weekend out of all divisions. A lot of people don't know much about him because he traveled outside the state most of his youth career, but come Saturday there will be no doubts left. The only 113 pounder I would give Mason some trouble would be Jojo. I love Walker but 113 is Mason's to lose in my opinion. It should be a great weekend 

Like I said in a post earlier, I wish I knew who everyone was so I could thank in person, but thank you. He works his tail off and I’m excited for the opportunity for my boy to showcase his skills. Beast of the East was his coming out party. Out of 8 matches in Delaware he only got scored on in one of the matches. Going to be a fun weekend. And yes, I’m glad Joe is small school. Been wrestling him and Ethan his whole career. Those kids were the rabbits and part of the reason Mason worked so hard. Forever thankful for those boys 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

Like I said in a post earlier, I wish I knew who everyone was so I could thank in person, but thank you. He works his tail off and I’m excited for the opportunity for my boy to showcase his skills. Beast of the East was his coming out party. Out of 8 matches in Delaware he only got scored on in one of the matches. Going to be a fun weekend. And yes, I’m glad Joe is small school. Been wrestling him and Ethan his whole career. Those kids were the rabbits and part of the reason Mason worked so hard. Forever thankful for those boys 

Random question, does DB have any upcoming wrestlers I should keep an eye out for when I am traveling around? 

1 minute ago, lumberjackmak said:

Random question, does DB have any upcoming wrestlers I should keep an eye out for when I am traveling around? 

I don’t know many of the MS kids, but Bryson Church and Derek Winseman should both do well. Also, we may have a kid or two transfer in. I’m working on it (winky face) 

On 2/20/2023 at 9:41 AM, WrestlingGod said:

106-

Jose Cordero (Cleveland) over Sebron Colson (Blackman)

113-

Chase Walker (Cleveland) over Mason Jakob (Dobyns Bennett)

120-

Bryson Terrell (Bradley Central) over Russell Ford (Independence)

126-

Jarvis Little (Summit) over Bentley Ellison (Cleveland)

132-

Ethan Lipsey (Bradley Central) over Damon Pullen (Collierville)

138-

Landon Desselle (Summit) over Connor Warnock (Wilson Central)

145-

Luke Belcher (Bradley Central) over Mason Sells (Blackman)

152-

Logan Fowler (Cleveland) over Finley Jameson (Summit)

160-

Max Norman (Dobyns Bennett) over Jacob Barlow (Coffee Co)

170-

Spencer Kon (Independence) over Wyatt Gibbs (Brentwood)

182-

Aiden Brenot (Clarksville) over Knox Watson (Bradley Central)

195-

Devon Medina (Science Hill) over Thomas Stadel (Maryville)

220-

Noah Todd (Wilson Central) over Garrett Crowder (Dobyns Bennett)

285- 

Hayden McDonald (Maryville) over Keimel Redford (Science Hill)

I think I will agree with most of the picks here, but I also pick Mason Jakob to beat Chase Walker, these are the times i wished they didnt have a split because it would be real fun to watch Jakob vs Jojo vs Bond after what Bond ended up doing to the kid from Boyd who had beaten him prior. That 113 class would be a lot of fun! Heck just throw Jakob, Jojo, Bond, Hardeman, Chase altogether and lets have some fun!

also at 170 I have Gibbs over Szymborski

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, cobrakid8 said:

I think I will agree with most of the picks here, but I also pick Mason Jakob to beat Chase Walker, these are the times i wished they didnt have a split because it would be real fun to watch Jakob vs Jojo vs Bond after what Bond ended up doing to the kid from Boyd who had beaten him prior. That 113 class would be a lot of fun! Heck just throw Jakob, Jojo, Bond, Hardeman, Chase altogether and lets have some fun!

also at 170 I have Gibbs over Szymborski

With the population base in Tennessee there is absolutely no reason to have three divisions in wrestling.  It would be an absolute treat for the wrestling fans to see everyone back in one division for the individual state championship.  Even California, Indiana and New Jersey have one individual state champion.

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, cbg said:

With the population base in Tennessee there is absolutely no reason to have three divisions in wrestling.  It would be an absolute treat for the wrestling fans to see everyone back in one division for the individual state championship.  Even California, Indiana and New Jersey have one individual state champion.

The way its heading we're going to be lucky if they don't add another division AND another tournament between sectionals and state.